Houston SCCA Autocross

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ugh
206 entries with 199 vehicles ‍

It's going to be a very long day

Classy

I saw that they lifted the max…. And it will be hot in the afternoon… I’m trying to mentally prepare for a VERY long day

Classy

Booo, I am a corner captain this time… at least I work 1 and run 3, I would hate to work 3 or 4 with how warm it will be

Classy

Grip was great for me once I put my spoiler up and made some dampner adjustments last month. I am expecting to tighten up the dampners alittle and send it. This is my first event with the front splitter, and it is my last event with ITB’s. The supercharger is going on after this event.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya. We are run 2 and work 4. I’m starter again it’s kind of fun, but gotta pay attention a bunch.

I work in a shop, so the heat won’t be a big deal. At least it won’t be 100*.

it’s only Brett and I, but he’s in novice, so I don’t have any competition. A lot less stressful like that.
Still not looking forward to 200+ cars.

Classy

Have you seen STO? Usually it is 4-5 drivers, I think there is 13 for tomorrow… and the fast guys will been there tomorrow… I am going to have to really work for it if I want to podium

Brett

Had a great time at autocross today with Russell (rttoys). Without Russel and Jason (jbintx), I wouldn't have been able to make it since I don't have a trailer nor a tow vehicle (longish story for another time). Big thank you to the both of them for the help.

Lessons learned:
  • I want more power ;-)
  • put on the sunblock that you bring
  • keep pushing the car harder
  • I dislike pax, would have been one of the fastest novices, but pax...
  • have fun!
I missed recording run 1, very uneventful since it was my first autocross run ever while driving and I had an instructor with me.

Run 2

Run 3 (getting better, also had another instructor)

Run 4 (little slidey, little spinney) Previous instructor said push it, so I did ;-)

Run 5 (fastest run)

Can wait to get out there again.

Oh, and zero cones were harmed!

Ross

Goblin Guru
Congrats Brett! You might have missed knocking down cones, but you did scare a few of them.
That is the same parking lot that I got to race on when I was there last year. They said it was the last race... guess not.
Looks like you had fun.

Brett

Congrats Brett! You might have missed knocking down cones, but you did scare a few of them.
That is the same parking lot that I got to race on when I was there last year. They said it was the last race... guess not.
Looks like you had fun.
I got close!

Yes, it was the Second Annual Last race at Gulf Greyhound. Apparently the sale of the property finally went through.