Houston SCCA Autocross

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
One fine day in Texas!!!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Had an awesome day today. They now allow passengers of any type (not just other drivers) to ride along. Bill and Cody switched between the Goblins, plus we got to take others around with us. New tires for me really helped out, but the wangs prevailed :p

Going to have to load pics at work Interwebbies is real slow

KLMOTORSPORTS

Very awesome! I run with the Cincinnati SCCA Club and the only Goblin...neat you all have 3 there to run against! Good luck

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Very awesome! I run with the Cincinnati SCCA Club and the only Goblin...neat you all have 3 there to run against! Good luck
It is pretty cool to have 3 of us there and looking forward to more. The announcer guy loves to say "the entire EM class is goblins" :D I'm sure we are an eye catcher. I know a lot of people like to come up and ask questions about them.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
It is pretty cool to have 3 of us there and looking forward to more. The announcer guy loves to say "the entire EM class is goblins" :D I'm sure we are an eye catcher. I know a lot of people like to come up and ask questions about them.
Free DF advertising! Adam you're a marketing genius! ;)

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Jason autocross, in a turn.jpg

It looks like your rear outside tire is only planting the outside edge.

You may be able to give up a little straight line forward bite for more rear grip through turns and better drive-off by adding a couple of degrees of negative camber.

It may also be beneficial to add a degree of negative to the front too.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
You could also add a base model front sway bar to the rear. I added one to mine and it helped control the body roll immensely!

SACTX

Yes, multiple times I heard "Everyone pay attention, Emod is approaching the starting line with a Parade of Goblins!"

You may be able to give up a little straight line forward bite for more rear grip through turns and better drive-off by adding a couple of degrees of negative camber.

It was an awesome and @Lonny, I think you are correct. I was looking at my tires and the outside shoulders are all scrubbed much more than anything else. The shoulders on the R888r's are rounded or slipped down and you can tell that I was going through the turns on them only. I'm going with some extra camber on the rear next time around and taking some off of the front. I was much more controllable this time around but still very tail happy.

Attachments

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Yes, multiple times I heard "Everyone pay attention, Emod is approaching the starting line with a Parade of Goblins!"

It was an awesome and @Lonny, I think you are correct. I was looking at my tires and the outside shoulders are all scrubbed much more than anything else. The shoulders on the R888r's are rounded or slipped down and you can tell that I was going through the turns on them only. I'm going with some extra camber on the rear next time around and taking some off of the front. I was much more controllable this time around but still very tail happy.
Rasing the rear until the lower control arms are angled down and a little toe in on the front tires helped keep me from losing the rear. As soon as that lower control arm goes from parallel to the ground starting upwards you are losing camber.

SACTX

Rasing the rear until the lower control arms are angled down and a little toe in on the front tires helped keep me from losing the rear. As soon as that lower control arm goes from parallel to the ground starting upwards you are losing camber.
I raised my rear end 1 3/4" at the frame, ~8" to 9 3/4". I went from 1 degree upward on the tie rod to about 3 degrees down with 1/8" toe on the rear and .7% camber. Before, I would instantly loose the rear end if I applied ANY throttle while turning.

I've also been working on the ETC TPM/RPM/% MAX TORQUE table to bring the throttle input down to a point where it was more usable. Remember before I was saying that I was getting too much throttle at any amount of input. This is what my current table looks like. I still need to bring down the mid level throttle input and level it out a little. It's still pretty abrupt on the uptake.

Stock Table

This time I was able to modulate the throttle in the corners and control the rear end a lot better than before. I'm still very rear-end happy, but It's much more controllable.

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
View attachment 22729

I saw that too!
I appreciate the info from you and Fozda. I had been running 14 psi in the rear. Warmer weather, more aggressive driving, or another 200 lbs in rider may have rolled it a little further than in the past. I was inspecting the few scuffs on the side wall and confirmed the picture.
More psi is the easy change.
Will keep making other changes though!! :)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I raised my rear end 1 3/4" at the frame, ~8" to 9 3/4". I went from 1 degree upward on the tie rod to about 3 degrees down with 1/8" toe on the rear and .7% camber. Before, I would instantly loose the rear end if I applied ANY throttle while turning.

I've also been working on the ETC TPM/RPM/% MAX TORQUE table to bring the throttle input down to a point where it was more usable. Remember before I was saying that I was getting too much throttle at any amount of input. This is what my current table looks like. I still need to bring down the mid level throttle input and level it out a little. It's still pretty abrupt on the uptake.

View attachment 22748

Stock Table

View attachment 22750

This time I was able to modulate the throttle in the corners and control the rear end a lot better than before. I'm still very rear-end happy, but It's much more controllable.
he said rear end happy.... huh huh... ;)
So dang true in a Goblin!!!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
They really did stick well. I did start to skid on my last few runs, but it was controllable, like a drift. I think some of that was from whatever shifted in the rear though. Still need to check my rear alignment and see what moved.