Houston SCCA Autocross

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Cones deserve to die. :D

yes “db” is double runs.
“Em” is E modified that’s basically a class for kit cars with high power to weight ratios.

Classy

EM is pretty rough with PAX, I am moving to XSB in 2022 when they finally add the class. I cannot wait to get back out to racing again in November! Auto X and then MSR again

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
They moved us around a few classes before they made the E mod class. Pax sucks ass though. :confused:

Now that I/we have some aerodynamics sorted out, running a faster track is on the horizon.

Classy

I was getting a bit over 100mph in the long straights at MSR last time I was there. I had manual brakes and I was afraid to go deep into a turn… added a vacuum pump just for the brakes, all fixed. I feel like I have a vendetta with MSR and some better lap times.

Seems like slicks is the answer along with the aero for y’all!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
What were your lap times? i have run MSR probably over 20 times on my motorcycle, but we run cw, where the cars normally run ccw on that track. No clue what a car runs on it.

Classy

What were your lap times? i have run MSR probably over 20 times on my motorcycle, but we run cw, where the cars normally run ccw on that track. No clue what a car runs on it.
My fastest assuming from a go pro video, was 2:09, I should have been 15-20 seconds faster

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It’s hard to get under 2. I’m a constant 2:03 on my bike, but race pace for my class is 1:55 or so.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
That is called “the launch” for a reason. :D I always lose time there because I just can’t commit to hitting it that hard even on my 300.

MSRH turn names:
sugar and spice
the launch
keyhole
bus stop
back straight
diamonds edge
front straight
carousel
Pit straight

Classy

I carried too much speed through there once and that was one of my spin outs. I also dislike the way the pit road goes into the line I would like to take…

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
4 goblins, 5 drivers And 1 striker.

we decided on just sat. since Ross is coming in town for this, we will probably have a fun drive on Sunday, out and about.

Classy

Y’all will get A L O T of attention with those! Grey hound has a pretty beat up and loose surface, I remember having to really try to keep my tail end from kicking out the last time… BUT, did you see where it is in December?