Houston SCCA Autocross

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Still thawing out from today. :eek: Left the house at 6am and it was 34* with some ice, rain and a lot of wind. Got to the autocross location (police training center) and it was 32* with 20+mph wind. we were second run and that got us to about 35-37*. Wooo. Getting traction was mostly nonexistent, but you make due. The end result was I took 1st with Jason and his son cooper running 2nd and 3rd. His slicks were just not having it today and my r888r’s did what they could.

The real star of the show was a Stalker showed up from Austin that destroyed everyone. 2 drivers, took 1 and 2 in overall time, beating me/us by over 8 seconds :eek: good xxxxxxxxx they were fast. We have a lot of work to do.

5710F8AE-6C03-4383-A5DD-5187FA1BD431.jpeg
0F66C1E2-0C4B-40A8-AA8B-8AEFAA251709.jpeg
8B477B97-1592-4E81-ADA0-733D97883D3A.jpeg

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Still thawing out from today. :eek: Left the house at 6am and it was 34* with some ice, rain and a lot of wind. Got to the autocross location (police training center) and it was 32* with 20+mph wind. we were second run and that got us to about 35-37*. Wooo. Getting traction was mostly nonexistent, but you make due. The end result was I took 1st with Jason and his son cooper running 2nd and 3rd. His slicks were just not having it today and my r888r’s did what they could.

The real star of the show was a Stalker showed up from Austin that destroyed everyone. 2 drivers, took 1 and 2 in overall time, beating me/us by over 8 seconds :eek: good xxxxxxxxx they were fast. We have a lot of work to do.

View attachment 29847View attachment 29848View attachment 29849
Did you happened to notice what tire they're running on the Stalker?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hmm, 'full' fenders on that Stalker. Did you get any other pics? Curious to see how they fit/align/attach. Also did you happen to see what model Avons? They have some really sticky tires for cold weather - it never really gets hot in England - that actually work below 50 degrees.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Sorry, I didn’t get any other pics. They left the car in the trailer all day to “stay warm” and when we are “working” we are not allowed to use our phones. I snuck that pic in just before I officially had to “work”.

Last edited:

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Looks like the Stalker crew is using the classic hood (no faired in lights) and a fender not shown on their site. At least not until lately. They rarely update their site.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
From a secret source:

Those Stalkers are the special AXR model which are their race version, so special tires and wheel sizes.

Jason is on Avon a15's for cold and a11 for warm. The fronts are a 15-in wheel 11 in wide you have to custom order them. The rears are 23-in diameter 13 inch wide 13-in diameter wheel on a 14 in wide wheel.

Dale E

That is the AXR version Stalker specific for race. I sent Russell what Scott said about the tires and wheels. They are specific to that car but still maintain about a 67 inch overall car width. The fenders are part of meeting rules for aero. Jason's new front fenders and that is kind of a new autocross standard attached with a bar that welds to the front of the chassis and then along the edge of the frame rail, Scott told me..

Dale

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Dang that's a lot of front splitter on that front end! Betting there is no front end lift at any speed with the setup - but the frontal area is also greatly increased too with the filler between the hood and fenders. And those are some monster wide shoes on that beasty.