Houston SCCA Autocross

Fozda

Goblin Guru
After doing this I was still all over the place. It was feeling better but the stiff front end shocks with the higher pressures made the front end bounce so much that I was having trouble keeping the car pointed in the right direction. I took the front shocks all the way down to 3 clicks from softest and took the rear to 10 clicks from softest. The car came alive for me after that. It started feeling like I wanted it to. It hit corners with the bite I wanted and was still lively on exit but I could control it better. I went from 3-4 seconds slower than Russel and Jason within .1 second from both of them.
Everyone always recommends stiffening up the shocks but I've had the best results with them set to full soft.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The rear is about middle for me, but full hard for front. I have run full soft in front and increased over time. Hopefully I have time to mess with my suspension this week. I’m kind of a month behind on some changes.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I may toss it on for the next autocross just to see what happens.
I've tried out both the base model and SS sway bar and found, for my setup, the base model bar the better of two with just me in the car. That's with running the Cobalt springs and struts in the rear, 600inlb springs in front.
The SS bar was just a little too stiff, causing the rear to rotate a little too freely. Your mileage may vary.

A bar in between the two sizes or an adjustable rear bar would the way to go.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I wish I could upload the video of my supercharger, but this sucker is ready for the weekend!!

I am going to the starting line school, mostly to shake down the new setup, but also it can’t hurt to learn some stuff too right?
Really like the look. Very well done Miata IMO.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
What a goofy day. A bit disorganized and a whole lot of wtf, to start the day. Weather was great (just under 80 and clear, when we ran), but 200 cars is a bit much for this smaller venue. We were at the police academy, so it’s a bit different. Overall a great day. Wide range of times. Tire temps are coming into play. It’s starting to get warm.

I was missing something and dnf’d the first 3 runs. when Scott brought it to my attention, I slowed down to read the course better. Gotta review video to see what I was doing wrong. After that I was hammer down for the rest of my runs.
CC1715CE-C5C0-4E71-BA82-E9530186EC93.jpeg
6D486C84-C176-4265-A175-AD252818EA19.jpeg

RCK605

Are any of you planning on attending any of the upcoming autocross events at the Police Academy? I have been doing my research on these cars and I'm thinking a really want to build one, but would like to see one in person before diving in.

Brett

Are any of you planning on attending any of the upcoming autocross events at the Police Academy? I have been doing my research on these cars and I'm thinking a really want to build one, but would like to see one in person before diving in.
I think there are 4 of us registered for the June autocross. Maybe more. Come on out and we will give you all the rides you can stomach. During the runs, it can be kind of hectic. Find us in the pits and we will talk for hours.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
we will have a gaggle of goblins there (5). Come on, we will take you for a ride you won’t forget.

RCK605

I think there are 4 of us registered for the June autocross. Maybe more. Come on out and we will give you all the rides you can stomach. During the runs, it can be kind of hectic. Find us in the pits and we will talk for hours.
Is this the June 19th one?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Come on over tomorrow. I’m itch’n for a drive. I can pm you my address. Took my buddy out for a quick spin this evening that hasn’t been in it since I first built it a couple of years ago. He was impressed how much more refined it is since day one.
JBINTX is in cypress off 6 and 529. I’m off 290 and 362. Near buccees

autocross is June 5th

RCK605

Come on over tomorrow. I’m itch’n for a drive. I can pm you my address. Took my buddy out for a quick spin this evening that hasn’t been in it since I first built it a couple of years ago. He was impressed how much more refined it is since day one.
JBINTX is in cypress off 6 and 529. I’m off 290 and 362. Near buccees

autocross is June 5th
Unfortunately pretty booked up this weekend. Maybe next weekend or definitely June 5th at the Autocross.

I'm by the smaller buccees at 290 and Mueske.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Next weekend could work too. I don’t think I have much going.

ok. Good. We eat around that area on Sunday's. There’s not much in Waller (other than our favorite HedgeHog), much less when everything is closed on Sunday's.

Devonrex

Let me know if anyone is getting together this weekend. I am going to invite myself. My Goblin has never met any of his siblings.