Houston SCCA Autocross

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
We were a gaggle. It was hot, then rain/thunder shut us down for about 30 and back to hot. Jason squeaked by just ahead of me. :mad: But it was a **** good day. Videos to come. First run was dicey. o_O
9EED6DBC-6430-45F1-939B-11AE44EF9781.jpeg
7F7FF5F5-069D-41EE-B29A-D6547860BA06.jpeg
E4E505FF-AEF8-41BF-AF73-3DC125D1A33D.jpeg
091A0AF7-8763-4DCE-A668-80C327EF7776.jpeg
A2D0E06C-3722-4F70-9C48-E6C32DF7FF61.jpeg

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
And videos. First run we were worried about one wet spot and it got Jason and I. You can hear me taking in my helmet to Jason. We run the cardo packtalk.

my best run was real good, other than I wasn’t sure I got into second gear properly, so I had to “shift” to make sure. That cost me, but somehow still the best run.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Watch out for the wet spot, it'll getcha everytime!
It is really fun pushing our cars to the limits of traction on dry pavement. Getting a taste of what just a little bit of dampness does to traction sure opens your eyes to daily driving and trying to navigate on the open roads safely!!!! Since we have been doing autoX the last few years, I think I my driving has become more defensive amongst the normal population of crazies on the roads......

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It is really fun pushing our cars to the limits of traction on dry pavement. Getting a taste of what just a little bit of dampness does to traction sure opens your eyes to daily driving and trying to navigate on the open roads safely!!!! Since we have been doing autoX the last few years, I think I my driving has become more defensive amongst the normal population of crazies on the roads......
The best part about it is learning the limit and not to panic when you exceed that limit. Just like our spins after hitting the water; get it under control, get back into it and go.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
A moment of silence for mr. cone……and his buddy. they gave the ultimate sacrifice. :p

more to come ……..

0239B689-650A-4B40-827F-4AFB12C0B214.jpeg

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Enjoy some runs for me. It's looking like our last event up here is gonna get cancelled due to cold weather.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Cone Killer merchandise on eBay:

Brett

I had them on the first car.

RRX on the new car.

Jason has my old seats. Not sure if he has installed them.