Houston SCCA Autocross

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It was a fun day today. The first time I spun out in a about a year? For some reason, that corner was just my nemesis. I don’t know if I didn’t hit it right or slippery or what, but it goofed me a few times and it’s relatively “simple”. Anyways. It was fun

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
This guy thought there was a crowd in the middle of the track and went full send into a guide wire :oops: That was entertaining.
3EA97DC4-753A-4408-965E-9564F01456A5.jpeg
A2837C64-1B73-4D15-AD29-E615F2E1732D.jpeg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Russell, you need to break out the welder and fabricate that new rear suspension! :p @Orion24 is on his way to building his new UCA/LCA suspension, catching up quickly to where I'm currently slowly progressing.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
And this showed up. He ran AM? I would think he’s with us in EM but whatever. Young kind. No clue what he was doing, but did his best and had fun. This is what it’s all about.
446DD0EF-9B88-4900-BD79-40B8ABF6752F.jpeg

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Russell, you need to break out the welder and fabricate that new rear suspension! :p @Orion24 is on his way to building his new UCA/LCA suspension, catching up quickly to where I'm currently slowly progressing.
Ya. Shop time has been at a minimum lately. I really need to devote time to that. Took a lot of pics of the exocet today.

ToxicBill

It was indeed a fun day today, especially since I got to be in communication with @JBINTX and @Rttoys during while we were all out on track. The track did seem a little slick today and I never really felt comfortable for a full run, but just building that experience. I spun on my third run . . . that whole run felt odd.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
And this showed up. He ran AM? I would think he’s with us in EM but whatever. Young kind. No clue what he was doing, but did his best and had fun. This is what it’s all about.View attachment 38983
The Atom's are A-Mod in our region too.

Question for the Houston Racing group, what size numbers and letters are you all using?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Regulation says 8” for the number, but we run 8” number and letters, except “DB”, then I (and a few others) run 4” letters as per regulations too.

mine is stuck to plexiglass and I zip tie it to the frame.

Last edited:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Regulation says 8” for the number, but we run 8” number and letters, except “DB”, then I (and a few others) run 4” letters as per regulations too.

mine is stuck to plexiglass and I zip tie it to the frame.
Thanks for the info. Weather permitting I’m running next Sunday. That was 10 years ago and in an Integra. Might be a touch different in a mid engine rocket.

Thanks for the info. Weather permitting I’m running next Sunday. That was 10 years ago and in an Integra. Might be a touch different in a mid engine rocket.
I came from the honda world to the goblin, and let just say I spun out 3 times on my first auto crossing event. lol

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I came from the honda world to the goblin, and let just say I spun out 3 times on my first auto crossing event. lol
I just need to be beat my father and uncle who are in CS with a Miata. They have been all in on racing autocross though.

Any one have photos of what the 8" numbers look like? They told me here I can get away with 6" numbers and 4" letters, but that's just our local region where no one really cares on trivial things. Especially since it'll just be me in EM.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I just need to be beat my father and uncle who are in CS with a Miata. They have been all in on racing autocross though.

Any one have photos of what the 8" numbers look like? They told me here I can get away with 6" numbers and 4" letters, but that's just our local region where no one really cares on trivial things. Especially since it'll just be me in EM.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
8” numbers and 4” letters are regulations. At the local level I would doubt they are too terribly picky. Mostly it just really needs to be visible so they know how to call it in from the corner workers or from others doing timing. A piece of plexiglass with the numbers and letters on. It does just fine for most of us.
F0F3A466-D54F-4167-9554-1712270B0AFA.jpeg

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
We were officially a gaggle of goblins today. Went from 60% chance of rain, to 40%, to nothing. :cool: Good times with everyone. A friend of ours with a lotus 7 replica now has competition with another 7.

AB1C52E7-5B71-493D-9458-F54169BF54E9.jpeg
6F16602E-A64B-4F5D-9F39-0EE9CDC81ED0.png
7022DC46-A966-4C24-A445-333CE9B5C7AF.jpeg
54862710-069C-4FA9-B019-A19078CD79FD.jpeg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Woohoo! No spins! Please tell me your time was faster than the obnoxiously loud Mustang that ran before you? :rolleyes: Was it the same Mustang who did the guy wire 'trim' of the trunk spoiler from early March?

Last edited: