How did you hear or learn about the Goblin

How did you hear or learn about a Goblin?

• YouTube Video

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Seen one in person/car show

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Kit Car research

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • Knew someone that had one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MotorTrend Show

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • DF Kit Car Website

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Friend told me about them

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Tinkles

Honestly, I forget. But I didn't actually decide to buy one until I saw Matt Farah review one and Demo Ranch work on his.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I was looking at going the Locost/Midlana route back in 2015 and found the Goblin development threads on the GRM forum. After a bit of hemming and hawing, lurking here reading the first build logs, and watching the first series of build videos, I knew this was going to be the way I wanted to go.

kalishek

Googled 'tube frame mid-engine car' and DF website came up as one of the results. Have followed DF since their inception, thru early prototypes until I finally pulled trigger and purchased an assembled long wheel base track frame from IL.
KAL

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I was looking at kit cars in general, trying to justify spending $ to $$$$ on a variety of them checking prices for the kit, donor, New drive train, and other ancillary costs. Looked up the Goblin, read through the forum, checked on prices and decided this was the car to build. Have been having fun ever since. :D

PaulPerger

YouTube search for "Kit Car under $20K". I have wanted to build a car from the frame up since I was a kid. Now I am going to do so.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I was hooked the first time I learned about the Goblin.

I learned about it in the 1320Video feature of @Justinreed7 's car at Street Car Takeover in Atlanta. Small world considering he's in my neck of the woods and we have acquaintances in common and have crossed paths before.

Last edited:

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I was looking at the FFR 818, the Miata based Exocet, or a Slingshot. The 818 seemed laborious and liked the open wheel aspect of the Goblin, Exocet and would cut fenders off Slingshot. The instructions on the Exocet was like step 1 strip Miata, step 2 put frame on chassis, step 3 enjoy. I liked the video coverage and now forum for support for the Goblin. I think that I can have a fun vehicle for less than the Slingshot with a seemingly more secure frame and no 3rd wheel. From all that the Goblin was my best choice.

dastrups

I had been following the goblin for a few years. If it were money no issue then I would have gone for an ariel atom. I researched all of the other kits and went back and forth on all of them for years. I saw Justin reed's videos and it was over. Since then I have discovered a ton of really cool and inspiring builds on here.