How did you hear or learn about the Goblin

How did you hear or learn about a Goblin?

• YouTube Video

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Seen one in person/car show

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Kit Car research

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • Knew someone that had one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MotorTrend Show

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • DF Kit Car Website

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Friend told me about them

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Our story is that Kaleb seen a video on YouTube from Off The Ranch and I started researching it. I've always wanted to build a car or something but didn't want to have to do the detailed engineering only to find out I got it wrong. This gave me the opportunity without having to worry about the really important areas.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Our story is that Kaleb seen a video on YouTube from Off The Ranch and I started researching it. I've always wanted to build a car or something but didn't want to have to do the detailed engineering only to find out I got it wrong. This gave me the opportunity without having to worry about the really important areas.
Not that anyone needs us to come together to talk about how smart Adam and Lonny are, but I think they really got a lot of traction out of their youtuber-partnership builds. I think the Goonzsquad, Buley, and Off The Ranch type viewers are a great market for the Goblin. Then there was Justin Reed, as has been mentioned more than a few times (myself included), who did his own thing, and his own recognition has also shed light on the Goblin as well.

Dsteinhorst

I read about the Caterham Seven Sprint in Motor Trend or something. That inspired me to build a kit car. Stumbled across the Goblin in the process and ordered my kit 18 months later.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I have had building a tube chassis road car on my list for years but have not been able to find any plans for such... I also have a group of friends that take a Harley trip every year around lake Michigan, They want me to go but I refuse to own/ride a bike anymore. Well the Slingshot was looking like it would do the trick but I hate the look of the skinny rear end,,,, Which led me to searching for a four wheel conversion that led me to DF.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I have had building a tube chassis road car on my list for years but have not been able to find any plans for such... I also have a group of friends that take a Harley trip every year around lake Michigan, They want me to go but I refuse to own/ride a bike anymore. Well the Slingshot was looking like it would do the trick but I hate the look of the skinny rear end,,,, Which led me to searching for a four wheel conversion that led me to DF.
Sounds like a fun trip. Driving the Michigan coast line is beautiful

SwerveMonkey

Story time!!!
Finding out about the Goblin is actually a result of losing my first project car to an accident... :(
HAD an '01 Prelude:cool: (non-SH)... then had an accident that essentially totaled her due to body work costs.:mad:
I was going to recoup the loss by building a K-1 attack kit car, but then HAD to unload the vehicle due to moving house.
when doing research on how to build the K-1 I came across the Goblin's review vid from "TheSmokingTire" youtube channel.

Metal Mech

I realize I am necromancing a old thread, but I found out about DF Goblin from Donut Media when they did an episode on kit cars.