How does fuel tank vent?

Dsteinhorst

Definitely use something fuel rated. The vapors will be moving though there and it's just as harmful as the liquid. Use the nylon line.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Definitely use something fuel rated. The vapors will be moving though there and it's just as harmful as the liquid. Use the nylon line.
Loud and clear. Do you mean some of the line that came with stage 1? If not, I'll have to buy something.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I don't recall getting two types of hose, I'll have to look for it.

Thanks again for the correction, saved me from yet another mistake.
I only had one size and type but my kit was over 125 kits ago. A lot of little things have changed since then.

Goblin Guru
I only had one size and type but my kit was over 125 kits ago. A lot of little things have changed since then.
I checked my stage 1 packing list and only saw a 15' foot length of nylon tubing, which is what I remembered getting, so I just snipped some of that off and made a vent hose that goes from the tee near the fuel vent port and filler neck vent, up to the seat belt bar, all the way to the driver's side, then down to the bottom of the fuel tank. I think that should cover it.

Jm12

Well that would explain why my tank is building pressure.
PXL_20210821_172501549.jpg
Guess I'll take care of that. Anyone see an issue with teeing in a check valve vent instead of the long run of fuel line? I think I saw in one of the FB groups where someone did something like that and someone else got frowny about it.

Goblin Guru
Well that would explain why my tank is building pressure.
View attachment 26229
Guess I'll take care of that. Anyone see an issue with teeing in a check valve vent instead of the long run of fuel line? I think I saw in one of the FB groups where someone did something like that and someone else got frowny about it.
You don't want a traditional check valve in there because, while your fuel tank won't build pressure, it WILL build vacuum. The longish run of nylon fuel line will protect against fuel spill in the event of a rollover, so it really needs to be in place as a safety measure. Or, do what Rttoys did and buy a rollover valve.