How fast is it?

GoblinGuyZ

For security I just take my wheel inside with me when I go to work or anywhere else unattended for any length of time.

ON another note, just started playing with my AEM Dash with the 10hz GPS, I have the performance timers set for 0-60 and 1/8 and 1/4. They are set to reset on a dead stop and to start timing from anything above 1km/h movement so pretty much as I get moving.

Just outside where I am there is a relatively empty level road I use not far from home and today I got to do my first attempt at a launch.
Cold tires, Toyo R888R, 80F temps outside. Launching from maybe 2000/2500 rpm nothing crazy.

06 SS SC with
ZZP LSJ Stage 2 Kit with 3.0 Pulley
ZZP Dual Pass
M62 Supercharger spacer
ZZP Coil packs
Iridium Plugs
ZZP Shorty Exhaust Manifold
Custom VIbrant Exhaust

Vehicle needs tuning as its the stock map sent with the Stage 2 kit thats for a Cobalt not Goblin so I still have to do the remote tune on the vehicle.
I'm estimating somewhere in the 240/250 hp range maybe.
Tire pressures are around 17psi rear but will play with that some as well.

Anyway for first and only attempt I got a 4.1 0-60 with a good bit of wheel spin on launch so if I can hook up for sure will get well below 4.
1/8 mile was about 7.6, road isnt long enough or safe enough for me to try 1/4 will do that when I get to a track. Just thought I would post real world results but as mentioned it was my first attempt and no doubt can be improved on a good bit especially with warmer tyres and a better launch etc

GoblinGuyZ

Your Goblin is probably one of the fastest cars on the island!
One of yes but there are alot of very quick cars here, for a small country and population as well as our higher cost of living and import duties we probably have one of the highest saturation of performance vehicles for sure, its a very cultural thing with rally and track being a big thing locally. For perspective a new corolla here is about $50,000+USD. Insane.

Chubbs

Anyway for first and only attempt I got a 4.1 0-60 with a good bit of wheel spin on launch so if I can hook up for sure will get well below 4.
1/8 mile was about 7.6, road isnt long enough or safe enough for me to try 1/4 will do that when I get to a track. Just thought I would post real world results but as mentioned it was my first attempt and no doubt can be improved on a good bit especially with warmer tyres and a better launch etc
Did you launch in 1st or 2nd?

I haven't actually tried it yet, but I think there's a good chance times might be better with a launch from 2nd. The 1-2 shift obviously takes time, and in my case too long because the shifter is a little grumpy. Plus, 1st spins tires the whole time anyway.

I'll do some experimenting when the weather gets better. I'm just curious what others have tried.

GoblinGuyZ

Did you launch in 1st or 2nd?

I haven't actually tried it yet, but I think there's a good chance times might be better with a launch from 2nd. The 1-2 shift obviously takes time, and in my case too long because the shifter is a little grumpy. Plus, 1st spins tires the whole time anyway.

I'll do some experimenting when the weather gets better. I'm just curious what others have tried.
That was first. I might try second at a higher rpm so as not to bog. My shift to second was pretty clean but it’s runs out of rpm in 1st quickly

Chubbs

I launched in 2nd at my last autoX events, and I thought it was an improvement. I don't have data to back it up though.

Dumping the clutch at 4000rpm in 2nd just feels horrible on the clutch. But I think if you want every last tenth out of it, that's probably the way to do it.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I have done both at autocross. Depends on how the course is set up, if it’s beneficial or not. In a drag condition, if you can get the traction and shift quickly, it’s probably best 1 2, instead of 2 and go. This needs data though. :D

GoblinGuyZ

I have done both at autocross. Depends on how the course is set up, if it’s beneficial or not. In a drag condition, if you can get the traction and shift quickly, it’s probably best 1 2, instead of 2 and go. This needs data though. :D
Ahhhh traction, yes the big issue really. I'm sure I'm losing close to .4+ seconds on start alone

Chubbs

I've got an LSJ goblin with some bolt-ons...let's round up and say 250hp. Anyone have a guess what the top speed should be?

Mine sure seems to run out of steam around 100 or 110. It's still accelerating, but not like I expected. It runs well, AFR seems to stick around 10.5:1 or 11.5:1 at WOT, it's somewhere in there. I suspect Vmax is around 125 maybe, with enough road. Does that seem normal to you guys?

I also have a full sized windshield that's functionally a parachute. So i'm sure aero is a big deal at those speeds.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Acceleration above 100mph isn't going to be good due to the aero. It's not just the windshield, the whole care is pretty much terrible. To get a high top speed takes a lot of HP also. And I think I see a rear wing and roof rack on some of your pictures. Makes it just that much worse.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
For security I just take my wheel inside with me when I go to work or anywhere else unattended for any length of time.

ON another note, just started playing with my AEM Dash with the 10hz GPS, I have the performance timers set for 0-60 and 1/8 and 1/4. They are set to reset on a dead stop and to start timing from anything above 1km/h movement so pretty much as I get moving.

Just outside where I am there is a relatively empty level road I use not far from home and today I got to do my first attempt at a launch.
Cold tires, Toyo R888R, 80F temps outside. Launching from maybe 2000/2500 rpm nothing crazy.

06 SS SC with
ZZP LSJ Stage 2 Kit with 3.0 Pulley
ZZP Dual Pass
M62 Supercharger spacer
ZZP Coil packs
Iridium Plugs
ZZP Shorty Exhaust Manifold
Custom VIbrant Exhaust

Vehicle needs tuning as its the stock map sent with the Stage 2 kit thats for a Cobalt not Goblin so I still have to do the remote tune on the vehicle.
I'm estimating somewhere in the 240/250 hp range maybe.
Tire pressures are around 17psi rear but will play with that some as well.

Your engine setup is just about identical to mine except I have the GM Stage 2 tune instead of ZZP's. I also do not have the custom Vibrant exhaust but I do have the 42 lb/hr injectors that came with the GM-S2 setup.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If you want to get technical, raised redline rpm x final drive ratio will get you somewhere around 150ish mph? but ya, with no or little aero, I’d say a sketchy 110-120? When I was on the track last year I was just under 110 in the straights, which are not real long straights. My power is probably near 250hp too, with my lsj.
4C53B15C-DDDE-4137-B768-5BF603DE827B.jpeg

Scott #321

Lol I tell people if you don't respect it it will take you fro 0 to dead a lot faster than you want to go. I will sometimes follow up with I don't know how fast it is it is a quick car, quick to accelerate, quick to brake and quick to turn.