How fast is it?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
No doubt. I’d be pissed. :mad: If they knew you, that would be one thing, but you don’t crawl all over someone else’s car like that, no matter what it is.

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I'm not happy about it, but I wasn't there and didn't catch them in the act. They were long gone before I came back, and I was only gone for like 10 minutes that day.

At least they didn't damage anything, intentionally or otherwise.

It occurred to me earlier ... what exactly is to stop someone from throwing a manual Goblin into neutral, popping off the parking brake, and rolling the car away? I wonder if it would be prudent to look for some disabling device, like a wheel lock or something...

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I'm not happy about it, but I wasn't there and didn't catch them in the act. They were long gone before I came back, and I was only gone for like 10 minutes that day.

At least they didn't damage anything, intentionally or otherwise.

It occurred to me earlier ... what exactly is to stop someone from throwing a manual Goblin into neutral, popping off the parking brake, and rolling the car away? I wonder if it would be prudent to look for some disabling device, like a wheel lock or something...
Interesting thought about security. We sure do trust the general public if we leave them unattended.
Locking the parking brake handle while it is in the engaged position would be the simplest solution.
Sounds like the start of a group purchase for whoever comes up with the best solution. :)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Kids don’t know how to pop it in neutral or release the park brake. If the car can’t do it itself, it can’t be done. :p

Locking it otherwise for theft reasons is simple; locks keep honest people honest.

PaulPerger

A buddy of mine came back to his car at a Cars & Coffee event to find an entire family his car. Mom AND Dad sitting in the front seats, the passenger door on her side was closed and two kids were crawling around in the back.

When he walked up and told them to get the hell out of his car, one of the kids banged his head on the roll bar, and the parents lit into my buddy that their son got hurt in HIS car!!

We leave cars open at such events so people can peer inside and admire the work we've done, not so they can climb in! Word got around and "Stay the F**K out of my Car" signs started showing up in windshields, etc.

Another buddy of mine has a McClaren P1 and he won't drive it anywhere if he is going to have to leave the car unattended. People lean on super cars and take photos all the time like they own them. The P1 bodywork is all carbon fiber and molded by hand. Replacing one due to some idiot would be a rather expensive undertaking!

It is sad we can't trust people to treat our stuff with respect...

Joebob

Goblin Guru
Interesting thought about security. We sure do trust the general public if we leave them unattended.
Locking the parking brake handle while it is in the engaged position would be the simplest solution.
Sounds like the start of a group purchase for whoever comes up with the best solution. :)

Hooked up to your engine coolant.

Joe

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
I’d be pissed if I caught people sitting on my car, any of them, not just the goblin.
Had this happen to our boat, tied off at a small lake. We were on the beach playing volleyball and I looked out and there was some teens on the boat, taking pics. They didn’t find it funny when they were confronted.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I have an idea on how to address the quoted part of my post above. I'll post a new thread about that later, as this is hardly on-topic in a "How fast is it?" thread.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I have an idea on how to address the quoted part of my post above. I'll post a new thread about that later, as this is hardly on-topic in a "How fast is it?" thread.
I was thinking about that earlier, that we need a anti-theft thread. That way we can discuss exactly how to make our cars more secure. Give step by step details on how to do it. That way no one will know what we are up to. :D

we actually do need one, I just find it funny putting it on an open forum.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I always get this (annoying) question and I really don’t know how to answer it.

I haven’t been on a 1/4 mile track since the late 90s. I don’t have a safe and legal place for a top speed run, at the moment, although the Texas mile would be fun. I can give you my last few autocross times, but telling you I ran a 53.4 probably doesn’t tell you much. I haven’t been to a big track like COTA (yet), where we could compare times to a F1 car or my motorcycle lap times.

i r confused.

What do you tell people? I’m sure y’all have been asked the same question.
I went on a cruise with a local Porsche Club and had a GT3 in front of me and his sons 911 Turbo S behind me. I have not dyno recently since my modifications but the GT3 only started pulling ahead after a certain "mph" which is typically where our Goblin hits a slight wall. After the ride both drivers were pretty shocked about the Goblin Performance. I was just happy my IAT2 temps were normal.

So to answer your question next time someone asks how fast is it? It will keep up with a GT3 on the street.

Last edited: