How to attach shifter links

KingChuck24

I can’t seem to find a way to remove the threaded ends coming out of the shifter links, is there a special way to remove them?

Attachments

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
The threaded ones go in the black shifter transfer thing. It links the stock shifter to the DF supplied cables.
0C3DD2EA-5925-44BD-A2C8-C0C1948D8543.jpeg
I thought there were a few that thread onto that rod in the kit. They should be female port and just thread on:
60F8F1DC-BCFC-43D5-8020-00E09117EA29.jpeg

KingChuck24

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that I have the DF anodized shifter kit. I will check to see if there is one that just has the female end.

KingChuck24

Ok I figured it out. I had to put mine in a vice and use some pliers to pull off the ends. I have to remove them to put them onto the ball ends that are located on the shifter mechanism that is attached to the transmission.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
When you say ball ends, are you talking about the ball socket attached to the end of the shifter cable or the ball studs on the transmission's shifter arms?

If you pull the clips, the socket pops off the ball with a twisting action. If it's not coming off you probably didn't remove the clip. Likewise, that clip must be removed from the one in the kit to put it on. Don't forget to reinstall the clip to make sure the socket doesn't pop off the ball during use.

I'm confused as to why a vice would be needed. If anything, you might need needle nose pliers to get the clips to rotate but they are generally pretty easy to remove.

KingChuck24

Ya I am taking about the socket that pops off, they wouldn't come out with my hand force so I ended up using needle nose pliers and used a vice to provide me with some better grip.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Oh, I understand the issue now. Yes, my ball socket were very tight coming off the (ball) post. I usually have to use a screwdriver or something else to pry them off. With the little C clip installed, they are impossible to remove or pop on.