How to register in Austin, Texas???

kwempe

Hey everybody, I just purchased a finished DF Goblin (DFGB0166) from South Carolina that was street legal, insured and registered. I’ve been having trouble at my local county tax office trying to get the vehicle registered. I already have insurance on it, passed inspection and have the title. If anybody can point me in the right direction that would be a big help.

I talked to Adam briefly on the phone. Whenever I tried to get it registered I had the make and model as a DF Goblin. He was thinking everybody that got their vehicle registered in Texas had it listed under something else.

Also, when I got it inspected they said it only needed a safety inspection which just cost seven dollars. Is that the proper inspection or does it need to be a regular full inspection?

Thanks,
Kyle Wempe

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Not sure how it’s going to work with a previous title from another state, but ours is listed as a “DF kit car” for make and “roadster” for model.

If you have to go through the entire assembled vehicle process, here’s the procedure, post 284