HP Tune files

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
There are enough of us on here that use HP Tuners so I figured why not share a few of the files for comparison. I'm not suggesting that these files are the fix for your specific issues, but you can use them for comparison sake. Use at your own risk.

1. This first one is (as I am told) a 07 Stock LSJ tune (07 LSJ Stock.hpt)
  2. 07 LSJ GM Stage 2
  3. Bone stock
  4. My Original tune file from ZZP with 60lbs injectors.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nilbog

Yeah, thats awesome. Im assuming a few more will be going from NA to charging of some type, and im assuming this site will continue to get more traffic as business grows so i think it would be nice to have the assembly/build right along with the tuning discussion.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I have tweaked quite a few little items. I still need to work on the overall tune, it runs rich. I will be doing it as soon as the weather is better. I was able to get my hands on the book.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Yeah, I just wondered, I plan to eventually buy their stage 2 kit. so I wondered if their tune is alright, I hate to buy the kit and buy hp tuners.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yeah, I just wondered, I plan to eventually buy their stage 2 kit. so I wondered if their tune is alright, I hate to buy the kit and buy hp tuners.

I hated what they did with the torque management. Made the car extremely difficult to drive. The best I can tell, our donor came with part of a Stage 2 kit. It already had 60lbs injectors but the stock pulley. The ECM had a sticker on it from ZZP so I know it was tuned by them and as it is, it's a terrible tune. Runs terribly rich and idle surged a lot, that was the first thing we noticed when we drove the donor, it would idle surge all the time. My son even commented on how hard it was to drive smooth in 1st gear and it ended up being worse in the Goblin.

I've adjusted the fuel some but didn't want to get crazy until I could collect data from the O2. I also bumped up the idle speed to 850 RPM from 800 and that made huge differences in the idle. It's hard to get these larger injectors to work well down in the low RPM.

This first graph is what they did to the spark retard for reduce management. It's been zeroed out so there is no smoothing of the torque. This is fine if it's just a drag monster but made the throttle very choppy.

1551206033819.png

This is the stock and even GM Stage 2 settings.

1551206086636.png

Attachments

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I just tried to look, and I cannot find it but before ZZP redid their page, there was some drop down menu for some type of torque management. it said "none" or "reduce in 1st gear" wonder if the person you bought it from selected that?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I have a lot of misfires after installing the 60lb injectors. But only at idle. Add even a little bit of gas and they go away. So my thought was simply to increase idle speed. That didn’t help, I increased all the way to 1200 just to see if they would go away and they didn’t.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I have tweaked quite a few little items. I still need to work on the overall tune, it runs rich. I will be doing it as soon as the weather is better. I was able to get my hands on the book.
I’ve forgotten which donor you have? I’ve been told the ECU for the turbo is entirely different than all the others.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I plan on going with the 80lbs, zzp site says the recommend it for e85 which I'd like to go with. Both Chad and I have 07 SS/SC

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Are you sure? I think I saw online that it would be fine?
Well like everything else it’s subjective...after spending a lot of time on the stock fuel pump with all sorts of little modifications I sure wouldn’t use it with 80s or E85. It’s a $150 upgrade...why not?