I need a f35 LSD

Amack1970

Hey fellow gob's my name is Anthony I live in Gilbert az. I've followed df goblin comp. for awhile now. Just bought my 10 cobalt ss donor. She's a little rough around the edges, but should make a great donor. I've handled replacing the worn out suspension, brakes, plugs etc. My transmission is my main issue right now. I bought the car sight unseen from a repo auction. 3rd gear is gone and the tranny sounds like it's got rocks in it. I'm pretty sure 3rd gear blew up and the shrapnel from that gear cracked the speed sensor. I've replaced the sensor and flushed the trans, but I really need a to replace the trans. Does anyone have a used one I can buy? Or know of someone that might have one? I'd like to make the cobalt reliable before I tear it apart. Please let me know if you have any suggestions

Brian74

Goblin Guru
There are a couple of Cobalt parts buy/sell groups on facebook where I’ve seen the MU3’s for sale used. Seems the going rate is around $400-$800. It can be tough finding Cobalt SS stuff locally here in Az. Lot more of these cars back east.

Of course there’s always the option of a partial rebuild, depending on how bad the damage is; sounds like its pretty trashed though.