INFO/Return button wiring

Robf

Looking for some help with the button panel wiring portion.

There was no instructions with the buttons and wires.

According to what I have found on the forum it calls for

Black factory - black button wiring. Ground
Tan factory - brown button. Horn
Whitish factory- white button hazards

Green and white factory - green button and the info button doesn't work

How do I make the information and return work? What am I missing?

Attachments

Robf

Actually the steering wheel that came off the car ended up being late model.

My car was a mix of early snd late model parts. It's been fun. I think I got it figured out. Thanks Ross

snirtman

The 2007 wiring is considered the early model wiring.
You need to find the info return buttons on your wiring harness.
This should be a huge help, as I was having the same question. I thought I followed the wiring videos pretty closely, but I have only 5 wires set aside for Button Panel, plus a ground I added:

I preserved my info button wires since I don't remember Lonny addressing them in the videos:

I was hoping wiring instructions would be included with the button panel kit, but apparently they aren't. :( Has anyone done a wiring diagram for the button panel?

Ross

Goblin Guru

snirtman

Thanks Ross!!!

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
The 2007 wiring is considered the early model wiring.
You need to find the info return buttons on your wiring harness.
It’s the pink and green that you (should) have knotted together during the harness videos. Here is how I wired it and it all works correctly.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
It’s the pink and green that you (should) have knotted together during the harness videos. Here is how I wired it and it all works correctly.

I used labels instead of knots because I watched the video series all the way through before I started and knew I wouldn't remember what all the knotted wires were for at the end. Maybe this is why I don't recall having any difficulties with the panel wiring. It was simply matching colors according to the correct early/late model diagram.