Inside Dimensions

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Looking for the interior dimensions of the frame - width between the side rails directly under the dash bar, at the widest point (near front of seat) and at the rearmost point of the cockpit ahead of the engine bay. I'm looking for measurements at the floor and at the top frame rail, please.

Last edited:

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I just took these measurements for working up a windshield, I have everything on a piece of paper at home I’ll respond tonight. It’s laser measured inside to inside of the tubing so I think that’s exactly what you need right?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I just took these measurements for working up a windshield, I have everything on a piece of paper at home I’ll respond tonight. It’s laser measured inside to inside of the tubing so I think that’s exactly what you need right?
Yes, that is what I need. Thanks.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Yes, that is what I need. Thanks.
Front: 3’
Middle at widest point(15.5” from firewall): 48.5”
Rear at firewall: 44.5”

All dimensions taken from top tube. With the seats and wire tunnel I just can’t get good bottom measurements, however roughly the front and rear measurements are the same, it’s the middle one where the top tube flares out more than the bottom tube.

Tinkles

For seats you only have 20" of room to work with. For larger seats I think the only option is Kirkey. Atleast once I saw that my Corbeau FX1 Pro wides would not fit I got a set of 18.5" Kirkey Type 55 seats and the fit with alittle room to spare.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Front: 3’
Middle at widest point(15.5” from firewall): 48.5”
Rear at firewall: 44.5”

All dimensions taken from top tube. With the seats and wire tunnel I just can’t get good bottom measurements, however roughly the front and rear measurements are the same, it’s the middle one where the top tube flares out more than the bottom tube.
Thanks, this helps.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
For seats you only have 20" of room to work with. For larger seats I think the only option is Kirkey. Atleast once I saw that my Corbeau FX1 Pro wides would not fit I got a set of 18.5" Kirkey Type 55 seats and the fit with alittle room to spare.
The stock SS seats are supposed to be able to fit and they measure out to almost 21 inches at the front. I was looking at several different seats that measure 21 inches at the front that fit my squatch sized backside. If I am limited to a seat that is 20 inches wide, I will need to look at a smaller seat and squeeze my bum in. Thanks.

Tinkles

20" is from the side of the cage to the side of the "tunnel". So the stock SS seats would overhang the "tunnel".

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
20" is from the side of the cage to the side of the "tunnel". So the stock SS seats would overhang the "tunnel".
Hmmm, a 20 inch width seat is about as narrow as I can go. The SS seats in the donor are about as tight as I can go and still be somewhat comfy. I sat in the Corbeaus in RichRich's Goblin and it was not pretty. I was basically wedged into the seat, bottom and top.

Overhang of the tunnel may not be a bad thing, if the seat rails hold the seat above the top of the tunnel. Plus the seat has to be tall - at least 33 inches seat back height. I will be getting the extended frame, so I will have 2 more inches of headroom to work with. I may to sit in some of the seats I am contemplating before deciding if they are a good fit or not. This is going to be a long process....:(

Ross

Goblin Guru
Last night I fitted my wife in our Goblin frame, with the stock SS seats. She needs the seat so far forward that the seat foam will interfere with the shifter base. I am considering removing some foam from the front right of the seat, down low, for about 4" long. Otherwise I could modify the shifter mount. The passenger seat will also interfere with the shifter when slid forward. Other than a little foam, the big comfy seat will work.

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Last night I fitted my wife in our Goblin frame, with the stock SS seats. She needs the seat so far forward that the seat foam will interfere with the shifter base. I am considering removing some foam from the front right of the seat, down low, for about 4" long. Otherwise I could modify the shifter mount. The passenger seat will also interfere with the shifter when slid forward. Other than a little foam, the big comfy seat will work.
Thanks for the info. I am planning on bolting my seats to the floor, no sliders. Two reasons; the drivers seat will be so far back not too many people can drive it (haha too bad would be thieves) and the passenger seat position does not matter.

Tinkles

Kirkey does sell 20" wide seats, but I doubt there would be enough room to use side mount brackets. Most likely they would have to be mount threw the bottom of the seat.

Tony

As mentioned in the other thread, the Braum Venom are made for bigger folks, and do fit in the car. They're listed as 20" wide, but are not super bolstered. However, they do not have the option of an anti-sub strap slot, so if you want to be safe, you're limited to stock-style 3-point belts or a Schroth (maybe others?) 4-point with ASM.

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Thank you everyone for the inputs. There are so many choices and comfort is probably my number one priority. I've tried a Kirkey on before and I did not like it, it presses in on the outside of my thighs too much. Don't get me wrong, it is a safe seat and would be a good one for racing. I plan to do some longer (several hour) excursions and something more like a Procar (Scat) or NRG (300 series) seat is more to my liking. I will update once I decide which way to go with my choice. It's all good. :D

Tony

“Puck” is the shop manager....lol
What is it with cats and car seats?? My cats learned to crawl through the shifter hole of my power train-less trans am and sleep on the seat, and once that moved, they switched to the goblin seats, despite having a comfortable bed and blankets not 10 feet away haha

KLMOTORSPORTS

What is it with cats and car seats?? My cats learned to crawl through the shifter hole of my power train-less trans am and sleep on the seat, and once that moved, they switched to the goblin seats, despite having a comfortable bed and blankets not 10 feet away haha
Lol...yeah, I don’t know, but mine goes all over the place...won’t touch his cat bed, but will sleep on the shop concrete...lol