Insurance choices.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yup, full coverage. I can't use the Goblin as my primary car (no commuting to work, running errands, etc.) and no track usage, I can primarily use it for "pleasure drives"
FYI. If the track day includes instructions, it can be considered education or drivers course. Some track day organizations even do enough classroom to able to give you the paperwork for an insurance rate deduction, something like defensive driving.

benjy

Another data point. My neighbor is a broker so he may be discounting his commission...

$288 6 month premium for full coverage with $20k stated value.

Through progressive

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I just got a quote on mine with Progressive.

35 year old South Carolina driver with a great record
100/300 policy

30k value & $500 deductible
6 month policy @ $696 full coverage, $224 liability if paid in full.

21k value & 1k deductible
6 month policy @ $589 full coverage, $224 liability if paid in full.

I'm hoping the difference between mine and @benjy is the stated value and coverage limits.

May go lower after some alterations are made, but that's about what I'm dealing with.

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I just got a quote on mine with Progressive.

35 year old South Carolina driver with a great record
100/300 policy
30k value (will reduce after talking to the agent)
6 month policy @ $696 full coverage, $293 liability if paid in full.

May go lower after some alterations are made, but that's about what I'm dealing with.
West, did you deal with an agent? Progressive handles my home and auto insurance, but they laughed me off the phone when I tried to talk to them about insuring a Goblin.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
West, did you deal with an agent? Progressive handles my home and auto insurance, but they laughed me off the phone when I tried to talk to them about insuring a Goblin.
yes I have an agent, Progressive also insured my VW-powered sand rail without issues.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I’ve got liability through Progressive and my cost is much like Mayor West. In fact it just went down to $189 / 6 months.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
What are your limits? I find that is the key to comparing rates... otherwise we're all essentially paying for an unknown amount of coverage. State minimums in SC are 25k which is barely enough to cover most new cars should I drive in to one, so my broker and I decided on 100/300 and the cost difference after all my other discounts was minimal.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
What are your limits? I find that is the key to comparing rates... otherwise we're all essentially paying for an unknown amount of coverage. State minimums in SC are 25k which is barely enough to cover most new cars should I drive in to one, so my broker and I decided on 100/300 and the cost difference after all my other discounts was minimal.
This does show the discounts we have but the amount due is $186.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Mine is $505 annually through Progressive Classic Car (Hagerty). My record is not totally clean and I'm probably underinsured in all actuality, but at least I'm legal.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I was all set with hagerty the. Last minute they shut it down because of the donor being a cobalt and they said they won’t insure it. And was shot down by amig. So frustrating

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep. Hagerty did the same to me, back in august. They also want to write an article about the goblins, but they won’t insure them, so how does that work?

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
It’s not a classic car, so regular as far as I know? I use a broker for all my policies so I don’t have to do any work.
Ah, ok. I called Progressive and asked about insuring kit cars, and then they transferred me to Progressive Classic Car, which ended up being Hagerty. So far, zero trouble. It makes me wonder if the folks being denied are going directly to Hagerty.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Ah, ok. I called Progressive and asked about insuring kit cars, and then they transferred me to Progressive Classic Car, which ended up being Hagerty. So far, zero trouble. It makes me wonder if the folks being denied are going directly to Hagerty.
My insurance card says “Progressive Northern Insurance Co” and 2020 Doyle Fabrication DF Goblin as the car.

I’m in SC so your mileage may vary.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I'm sure I read some post on here discussing how they got Haggerty insurance through Progressive after Hagerty turned them down.

Brett

Yep. Hagerty did the same to me, back in august. They also want to write an article about the goblins, but they won’t insure them, so how does that work?
I'm working on this since they wrote about my Goblin but I had a minor set back. Hopefully, the Hagerty issue will be resolved towards the end of the year when I am done rebuilding.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I'm working on this since they wrote about my Goblin but I had a minor set back. Hopefully, the Hagerty issue will be resolved towards the end of the year when I am done rebuilding.
Ya. I was kind of pissy with your guy when he said he wanted to write about the goblin and I said “why? you are too scared to insure them” :rolleyes: