INSURANCE

Worsham

My insurance company doesn't know how to insure my goblin. I'm curious what everyone else has done. What company? Do you have it as a cobalt or goblin? Just trying to find something that will work. Thank you in advance.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I would not use insurance that would list the vehicle as a cobalt, that would make it to easy for them to deny a claim.

Mine is insured through Safeco as homebuilt for $100 a year for liability only.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I called Progressive (because my house, motorcycle, and general auto insurance is all through them) and asked if they would insure a kit car. The agent said sure, let me transfer you to our classic car group. Had a little chat with the other person and got full coverage from Hagerty (they underwrite Progressive Classic Car or something). This is my third year with them too, despite other members here saying that Hagerty was denying coverage or canceling policies on Goblins.

I called Progressive (because my house, motorcycle, and general auto insurance is all through them) and asked if they would insure a kit car. The agent said sure, let me transfer you to our classic car group. Had a little chat with the other person and got full coverage from Hagerty (they underwrite Progressive Classic Car or something). This is my third year with them too, despite other members here saying that Hagerty was denying coverage or canceling policies on Goblins.
I just got denied Hagerty after being sent over from Progressive and Hagerty said they couldn't insure it since it was "an open cockpit vehicle". We are trying to avoid the typical classic car insurance since it doesn't allow us to drive to/from work or errands. We got an ok quote from USAA but you have to already have a policy with them an it's an actual cash value policy. Not sure how they'd determine value if anything were to happen since there isn't really anything to go off of.

American Modern
Is your policy a classic or collector car policy?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Hagerty is good at insuring things that sit in a garage. They have made up several excuses on why they can’t insure us. :rolleyes:

I also have American Modern. It’s “normal” insurance. No classic or collector stuff that I know of. They did ask how many miles I will drive it a year and if I had another vehicle as a daily driver.