Insurance

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I’m in NC. I’ve been told no by USAA, Progressive, Liberty, Safeco, and Hagerty. Next on the list to check is JC Taylor 800-345-8290 and Grundy 888-647-8639.

Rally isn't licensed in NC.

If you are insured, post up what company you are with and an agent and contact # if you don’t mind and let’s make this a one stop resource for everyone. I'll try to keep this list updated.

Offer Coverage
Grundy 888-647-8639; restricted use, no mileage restriction
State Farm
American Collectors Insurance 877-287-4670 no liability coverage in NC
Rally 630-617-9960; (not available in NC)
JC Taylor - does not offer liability coverage in NC
Auto Owners Insurance - provided quote as ATV/dune buggy. Full coverage very high but no restrictions.
Farm Bureau

NO coverage
Progressive (but maybe yes. See post #16 from David Jones below)
USAA
Liberty
Safeco
Hagerty

Last edited:

Brett

I use American Collectors Insurance for on road use in the Goblin. USAA pointed me to them when they found out what I was insuring.

My agent is long gone but their number is 877-287-4670.

Mattc3366

I contacted rally insurance and looks like it’s being written by American modern. I was quoted 1287 for the year. Full coverage with collision and comprehensive. I’m stopped at the quote level since I don’t have a vin issued to continue with the Application but will have that next week. Hope this helps you and how does this quote sound to other insured goblin owners ?

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I used Kristen Bell as well. My quote was much less, but there may be other factors. I’m over 40 and hadn’t had a ticket or wreck in over 15 years. I pay $55 month but limited to 6k miles per year

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I am so glad I lucked into finding that lady two'ish years ago now. She made the insurance process super-fast and easy. I was expecting it to be the most difficult part, but not so.

baustin

I've had no problems with State Farm. Full coverage, but costs almost the same as our Tacoma/Jetta vehicles combined which are through USAA. I just went into the local office and asked for coverage when I had no State Farm policy at all, underwriting didn't take too long and it's an agreed value policy.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Another Rally customer here. It's nice when you mention a Goblin and they know exactly what you are talking about.
I mentioned that Kristen might have a lot of the members vehicles covered and she replied "yes, we've been through this a bunch of times". Made me feel better than having to explain what it is (or isn't) to SF or the Gecko to try to get coverage.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I did receive a quote from Grundy that is very affordable. It does have some usage restrictions though. Anyone dealt with Grundy for a claim and/or customer service?

Scott #321

I use American Family, had issues at first getting it insured but after I told agent I would move all my insurance to where I could get the Goblin insured they managed to somehow make it happen. Agent did tell me she had to get on the phone with the underwriter and look at the DF web site to make it happen.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I use American Family, had issues at first getting it insured but after I told agent I would move all my insurance to where I could get the Goblin insured they managed to somehow make it happen. Agent did tell me she had to get on the phone with the underwriter and look at the DF web site to make it happen.
My AmFam agent said she talked to underwriting and was still having problems getting an answer. When she was told it would likely be $2k a year or more, not even she could believe it. Rally got my business the next day for $650/yr.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I insure mine thru USAA, might come down to who you talk to if they will ensure it.
I talked to them again yesterday and found out that the company they sent me to did not offer liability, only comprehensive and collision. Grundy is cheap, but restrictive. Haven't signed with them yet.

Davidljones88

I’m in NC. I’ve been told no by USAA, Progressive, Liberty, Safeco, and Hagerty. Next on the list to check is JC Taylor 800-345-8290 and Grundy 888-647-8639.

Rally isn't licensed in NC.

If you are insured, post up what company you are with and an agent and contact # if you don’t mind and let’s make this a one stop resource for everyone. I'll try to keep this list updated.

Offer Coverage
Grundy 888-647-8639; restricted use, no mileage restriction
State Farm
American Collectors Insurance 877-287-4670 no liability coverage in NC
Rally 630-617-9960; (not available in NC)
JC Taylor - does not offer liability coverage in NC

NO coverage
Progressive
USAA
Liberty
Safeco
Hagerty
I have progressive. USAA told me no. Hagerty ((through Farmers) said yes, but expensive). Geico said no.

Progressive: Make Doyle Fabrication
Model Kit Car Roadster
VIN DFGB0214
Call them and give the the above information as reference. Progressive would only insure if I moved one of my other cars on the policy.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I did get a quote from Auto Owners Insurance through a local agent. Full coverage was pretty high but no restrictions. It was listed as ATV/dune buggy so I asked them to check on that and to check on liability only. They wanted to insure everything and it was competitive so I didn’t ask for a stand alone quote on the Goblin.