Intermediate axle shaft

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Don’t they make a longer shaft that does away with the intermediate axle shaft bearing and housing?
Sense it’s about impossible to find a replacement housing.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
A Base model NA uses a one piece shaft on the passenger side. It directly connects the transmission output to the wheel hub. This axle is far weaker than the 2 piece axle used in the SS. But keep in mind this configuration also transmits torque 'steer' - in the FWD application - and I'm not certain how it would respond in the rear drive of the Goblin.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
If you already have the intermediate axle, all of the parts should be available to rebuild it. If I can dig up the link to the bearings I'll post it here.

Nuker-

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
If you already have the intermediate axle, all of the parts should be available to rebuild it. If I can dig up the link to the bearings I'll post it here.

Nuker-
I was trying to help another person out, I rebuilt mine already but he jacked up all the pieces on his including the intermediate shaft housing.
I suggested he check with Jefferey Reiland on Facebook

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
A Base model NA uses a one piece shaft on the passenger side. It directly connects the transmission output to the wheel hub. This axle is far weaker than the 2 piece axle used in the SS. But keep in mind this configuration also transmits torque 'steer' - in the FWD application - and I'm not certain how it would respond in the rear drive of the Goblin.
Our second Goblin was a base manual that had a long passenger side axle. Without looking at you would never know it had a long axle.

Even when Adam autocrossed his base manual Cobalt it did not have any odd steering tendencies. It did squeal those skinny stock tires through every turn though.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Our second Goblin was a base manual that had a long passenger side axle. Without looking at you would never know it had a long axle.

Even when Adam autocrossed his base manual Cobalt it did not have any odd steering tendencies. It did squeal those skinny stock tires through every turn though.
Would a base manual passenger side long axle fit on a Goblin that had the intermdiate driveshaft?

WYGoblin

Yeah I was scoping it out too. If no one bought it I was to have either as a spare or if someone needed it. They are getting hard to find

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Would a base manual passenger side long axle fit on a Goblin that had the intermdiate driveshaft?
I think the transmission side of the F23 and F35 axles are different. If you could put the passenger side F35 stub on the long base manual trans axle then it would probably work.