Introduction and Registration Question

SACTX

Hey everyone. I'm Scott from Houston, Texas. I put a deposit on kit number 201 a few weeks ago and think I have a good donor. I was going with a NA car but I'm now planning a SS/SC build. I have a few upgrades in mind and am really looking forward to this build.

I have a few questions for the Texas people. The car I found is from Florida. Should I register this car in Texas before starting to break it down? I can't register it after or during the build because we have to have the emissions inspection first. Does the registration of the donor car matter in registering the kit car?

Thanks!

Scott

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Cool, another local.

No. I wouldn’t register it here. There is no reason too. All of our laws just got changed. Here’s a link to the thread:

RouteAbel

I titled my donor in Texas but told them it was non-operable and would be disassembled. They did not require me to register it.

SACTX

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I'm itching to get started but don't want to jump the gun or do anything that'll cause me headaches later.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Have you ever not had a headache after dealing with DMV?

Actually, since this law is all new, there is going to be a learning curve and hopefully understanding courthouse workers.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Scott: Good to have another Goblin member here in Houston. Rttoys, Toxicbill, and myself are all on the north / NW side of town. Hope you are close by.

I will be in line of June 22 to register mine. I will post the details and try to help everyone else navigate it here. Hopefully it will be seamless..... bwaahhhahahaaa...

Emissions inspection will NOT be part of the registration. So, you can delete the EVAP, PCV (more discussion needed here), etc.

SACTX

Scott: Good to have another Goblin member here in Houston. Rttoys, Toxicbill, and myself are all on the north / NW side of town. Hope you are close by.
Awesome. I'm in Spring. 99 and Rayford Road.

I"ll need to get with you on the emissions deletions. That's great news.