Introduction-From Alabama

mbasaraba

Welcome from south Alabama.. Just took a quick look at your webpage that MDD for the CR-10 looks killer. I have been thinking about making my own direct drive but for your price sign me up.. I'll be ordering one soon.

But anyway, stay away from the 05-06 2.2 Cobalts as they can't be tuned with HPTuners.

Beat me to it...
You might find this more interesting than just the standard MDD, this is my latest design. We are about to go retail version since we have got all the kickstarter orders ready to ship.

I have a CNC Mill on my Ender 3 right now that I am getting going and a diode laser system is coming up soon. Mike from Teaching Tech made a Nutella extruder on his... LOL!

PrinterMods XChange System

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Your NA engine options are the 2.2L L61 (Gen. 1 or Gen. 2), the 2.2L LAP, or the 2.4L LE5.

The 05-06 L61 is a Gen. 1 block. I don't recall what ECU they had, but it is not supported by HPTuners.

The 07-08 L61 is a Gen. 2 engine (stronger block, improved head, new ECU). This engine is supported by HPTuners.

The LAP is a Gen. 2 block with a VVT head based on lessons learned from the LE5. This was the base engine in 09-10.

The LE5 was fitted to the SS/NA and Sport trims (06-08). Gen. 2 block and VVT head, plus a little extra displacement. Engines prior to 2007 had forged rods.

Corgithulhu

I found a printed part that relocates the stock extruder stepper to be direct drive for my Ender 3. Works great, except it kills X speed since the hot end becomes very heavy. No difference in print quality; i.e. no symptoms of the weight being a problem if I print below 60 mm/s. The drive does work very well with flexible filaments, and it's awesome for TPU.

I also have a Hypercube I built that isn't super notable. Very fun project if you already have a working manufactured printer. My advice is to go much more generous on the Z dimension when you size up all the bars for the frame. Mine is a bit more limited than I'd like, at only about 130 mm of Z room, but I mostly do hobby parts so that limit isn't much of an issue.

Hello, i am in northern Alabama and have been looking at these gor while but dont know the local laws about getting the built licensed. Is it hard to get done? What are the requirements for alabama to lic?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
As far as I know there has only been one registered in AL and there isn't a lot of detail of what he went through. I'm in the process right now, but its to early to really say what the process is. I hope to be able to provide details in a couple of weeks. I just put a packet of paperwork in the mail Tuesday.

Welcome from south Alabama.. Just took a quick look at your webpage that MDD for the CR-10 looks killer. I have been thinking about making my own direct drive but for your price sign me up.. I'll be ordering one soon.

But anyway, stay away from the 05-06 2.2 Cobalts as they can't be tuned with HPTuners.

Beat me to it...
Are there any issues with getting the goblins licensed in Alabama

As far as I know there has only been one registered in AL and there isn't a lot of detail of what he went through. I'm in the process right now, but its to early to really say what the process is. I hope to be able to provide details in a couple of weeks. I just put a packet of paperwork in the mail Tuesday.
How did it come out for you?