Introduction

theeulogy

Hello all, my name is James. I am from West Virginia and have been looking to build an Exocet for about a year and a half. Well a month or so ago I was watching Off the Ranch on Youtube and discovered the Goblin. I did a little researching and found this to be a much better fit for what I want to do, and it seems to be a lot more turn-key than the Exocet also.

So fast forward a few weeks and some browsing Copart, and I have landed a 2007 SS/SC. I got it for $950 plus fees, so about $1300 all in. It has about 109k on the clock and seems to run really well. I will most likely place my order in a month or so, as I need to time delivery so I can finish putting the funds together. My goal is to have this thing rolling and a plate on it late Spring.
20170828_123640.jpg

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yeah, nice price! Looks exactly like my donor. You might end up getting 750$ back in parts out of it.

Nuker-

theeulogy

Its a small market being from WV. I think I could get it on the road if not for the crack in the windshield.

theeulogy

Going to start looking at it further this weekend. I cant get into the trunk at the moment though, button does not work, nor the key. So I have a lot to figure out, I did find a bag of cookies under the drivers seat!

AleX1/9

Welcome to the forum and nice score on the donor! There are several guys here including myself who are finding great value with 07 ss/sc donors. Check out Nuker's build same donor

I noticed the Chevy SS profile pic, your daily?

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Lol thats funny, because I was looking up df goblin videos last night and found yours. I figured you were one of the guys who already had a build going. I was looking into an Exocet originally as well, bit this build just makes much more sense.

theeulogy

The SS is my fun car, my daily is a Subaru Forester. I am going with the long chassis because I am 6 foot 3, but other than that I don't know about any other options. If I don't have an LSD, I definitely want to do one.

theeulogy

Lol thats funny, because I was looking up df goblin videos last night and found yours. I figured you were one of the guys who already had a build going. I was looking into an Exocet originally as well, bit this build just makes much more sense.
I really want to do an Exocet, but this kit is much more complete. I will be starting the build around February. If this build goes great, maybe I'll do an Exocet also.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Going to start looking at it further this weekend. I cant get into the trunk at the moment though, button does not work, nor the key. So I have a lot to figure out, I did find a bag of cookies under the drivers seat!
You got snacks too, huh? My donor had an unopened box of Ritz crackers in the trunk.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Hello all, my name is James. I am from West Virginia and have been looking to build an Exocet for about a year and a half. Well a month or so ago I was watching Off the Ranch on Youtube and discovered the Goblin. I did a little researching and found this to be a much better fit for what I want to do, and it seems to be a lot more turn-key than the Exocet also.

So fast forward a few weeks and some browsing Copart, and I have landed a 2007 SS/SC. I got it for $950 plus fees, so about $1300 all in. It has about 109k on the clock and seems to run really well. I will most likely place my order in a month or so, as I need to time delivery so I can finish putting the funds together. My goal is to have this thing rolling and a plate on it late Spring.View attachment 1711

I'm new to the forum as well and just picked up a 2007 SS/SC too! ... and I was looking at that same donor, but I found one closer to me. Paid about $350 more than you, so you got a good deal!

Question for all of you who have rec'd your stage 1's ... Once you pay your deposit and your in the queue, how long does it take to get a stage 1? I'm looking at timing for a possible free ship from TX.

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm new to the forum as well and just picked up a 2007 SS/SC too! ... and I was looking at that same donor, but I found one closer to me. Paid about $350 more than you, so you got a good deal!

Question for all of you who have rec'd your stage 1's ... Once you pay your deposit and your in the queue, how long does it take to get a stage? I'm looking at timing for a possible free ship from TX.
I'm certainly not one to be able to tell you a close time frame, but I suspect due to the recent surge in interest in the Gobins (and a record month of orders), expect to wait 2-3 months minimum. I'm currently at 8 weeks.....

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Question for all of you who have rec'd your stage 1's ... Once you pay your deposit and your in the queue, how long does it take to get a stage 1? I'm looking at timing for a possible free ship from TX.
I placed my deposit on May 3rd or 4th, and I'll be picking up stage 1 from the freight terminal in Tacoma on September 5th.

theeulogy

Looks like you should get your build page on the forum going. The garage is GREAT!
Thanks. I have done most of the work myself, except the roof, garage doors and concrete. I put the Lift master Jackshaft openers up yesterday. I will be getting my build log going shortly, just juggling a lot of thing at the moment.