Is the donor title required

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
The easiest way for me to get rid of the shell of my donor is to take it to a salvage yard. They want the title in order to take it. Do I need the title to register my goblin. I did title it in my name and register it. My other option Is to cut the shell up and take to to a scrap yard

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
You'll at least want a photocopy of the title. In PA, we're required to give up the title to the salvage yard.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Cut it up. If it is no longer a 'car' then they don't require a title. Anyone tells you they need the title after that then talk to someone else.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
The easiest way for me to get rid of the shell of my donor is to take it to a salvage yard. They want the title in order to take it. Do I need the title to register my goblin. I did title it in my name and register it. My other option Is to cut the shell up and take to to a scrap yard
Each state varies as to what they'll need but check this out, it should be helpful: https://www.semasan.com/resources/everything-you-need-register-and-title-your-hobby-car-all-50-states

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Honestly, get a ~14TPI sawsall blade (about 4 did it for me, quality ones from Lowe’s) and chop it up. Cut the roof off at the pillars (closer to the body) and cut in half again if you want something easier to lift solo. The body can be cut in quarters then and easily enough for 2 adults to lift, just be careful of the edges so wear thick gloves (I used lawn maintenance gloves). Was able to fit 2 quartered sections into the bed of my truck at once. My 5’1” wife is the one who helped me load the quartered sections for reference. The pieces aren’t “light”, but lighter than halves and better than giving up a title you might need later on.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Depends on your state. Here in Texas we need it to “prove” we did use hot parts. Your state may vary.

Peregrinus

Depends on your state. Here in Texas we need it to “prove” we did use hot parts. Your state may vary.
This here, I think most ( note: not all ) states require in some shape or form, proof the "major parts" of a replica or special, or remanufactured, or how ever the state words it, vehicle are not stolen. I know wisconsin and montana both require this.

In wi " major parts " is large parts, such as drive line, frame, or subframes, and/or unibody structures.