Is there anyway to get a roof on the goblin

Cole

I want to know if i could mount a roof over the roll cage to add protection when it rains to the driver

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I'm interested in this too, but mainly for sun protection... I have fair skin and burn easy. You could use a snap in canvas like a boat cover. Not sure how much it would flap at high speeds.

Chris Eggert

I have thought about that same thing myself. I worked as an FAA Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic after the Army. It has already crossed my mind to fabricate a top out of some sheet Aluminum. Roll all four edges so they slide over the top of track cage and then lock them on. Haven't really figured out how to secure it to where it can be put on and taken off easily. I will figure something out for mine once I get started on the build. I know I can do it and make it look good. Its just easier for me when I can lay my hands on it and turn my mind loose on it. It definitely was one of the first things I have thought about though so you guys aren't alone in it...

Johvans

Last edited:

Andy

My chassis is the street chassis but I am going to fab a similar rag top mostly to keep the sun off during the day while parked.

lhwidget

Yup, just like the bikini top I had for my old Jeep Scrambler. I was thinking the track frame mainly for that reason.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I was thinking of a square plexi or aluminum square, cut to fit just inside the frame tube, with 4 welded tabs on the tubing using either dzus fasteners or high strength magnets?

BAR-AIR

Evening,
An actual roof maybe a little more work then you are thinking. The problem we ran into was there is no actual frame above the windshield. The windshields that are supplied with the kits would be better described as windscreens or wind deflectors. They have no upper frame and I think they are way to low to actually mount a bikini style roof to it in the first place (due to line of sight issues). The track frames upper hoop would be a great place to mount the top the issue we ran into was then the windshield would need to meet that upper hoop (that is going to be a pretty big windshield and it is going to need to be lexan-or plastics- and that rules it out due to NY DOT requirements). The solution we came up with was the city frame and build an entirely new and removable upper roll cage to incorporate a few things laminated glass windshield, windshield wiper mounts, padded visors, rear view mirror, easier entry access then the track frames with double center tubes (I love the easy entry frames until my truck is parked next to my city frame Goblin the tube that gets removed is right at the height of my bumper), and last but not least is a frame over the top of the windshield that a bikini style top can easily be mounted to. Only planning a sun top for my frame Nate's frame is probably going to get a full top with removable side curtains.
IMG_1725.JPG

The other thing we liked about the new upper cage you can adjust the height of the windshield frame to meet your personal height requirements the track frame upper hoop is quite a bit taller in the front also sits further back over the steering wheel (eliminating the possibility of a flat laminated glass windshield no room at the steering wheel) then the new cage. Your seat select also will change the height requirements (we noticed that when initially trying to use the SS seats in the Goblin some of the pictures in the forum you can see how high the stock seats sit).
BAR

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Kudos to you guys for dealing with all your state requirements! It looks very well done.
John
Agreed. Phenominal build. That roof solution you came up with is amazing, as well as the bumpers. Fully functional, yet blends right in with the design of the car.

Cole

So it seemsif i want a roof ill have to find out the state laws and fabricate it myself hmm