Jacob's Ext Track Goblin - 09 SS Donor #394

Cnixon160

Also Ballenger motorsports has the same pigtail for ~$12 as opposed the the GM ~$80, the part number is CONN-86107

Lonewolf170

What is this part? Have two but do I need to use if I have coilovers?

Been kinda stalled on my build. Engine is in, brakes/suspension in, intercooler/intake mounted. next step is to finish all the plumbing. Anyone have hint on where the intercooler plumbs into the main coolant lines?

Very nervous on hooking the wiring up and it not working.

Attachments

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
What is this part? Have two but do I need to use if I have coilovers?

Been kinda stalled on my build. Engine is in, brakes/suspension in, intercooler/intake mounted. next step is to finish all the plumbing. Anyone have hint on where the intercooler plumbs into the main coolant lines?

Very nervous on hooking the wiring up and it not working.
On the LSJ, the intercooler is a separate system from the engine cooling system. I’m pretty sure it is separate on the turbo LNF Goblins also.

Lonewolf170

On the LSJ, the intercooler is a separate system from the engine cooling system. I’m pretty sure it is separate on the turbo LNF Goblins also.
So the intercooler setup doesn't connect to the coolant tank?Huh, Guess was worried about having trapped air in the system.

Lonewolf170

I wish I would have tested every fuse when I installed the fuse box, there was a single fuse that I couldnt figure out for a week. dont be like me lol.
I'll take a look when I get there. My concern lies that some of the wires were different colors then the video/stickers. They were in the right spot on the connector so hoping it'll be ok.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
As long as the colors match up at each end of the harness on the designated connector pins for each individual circuit, you should be fine.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
And yes, the intercooler cooling circuit on the LNF is a separate system than the engine coolant system. There should be a DF supplied aluminum filler cap/pipe that gets installed at the highest point in the heat exchanger coolant circuit to allow filling and collection of air from the system. This cap should be 'burped' often during the first several hundred miles of operation to remove the air and top off the coolant.

Ross

Goblin Guru
All intercooler cooling circuits are separate from the engine cooling.
You can't cool 150F compressed air from a turbo or supercharger using 200F coolant from an engine.
The intercooler coolant should be close or at ambient temperature, so 90F on a warm day.