James's Extended Track Goblin - 06 LS donor

jamesm

Goblin Guru
The car is mostly back together. Still have a bunch of small electrical items to finish up (headlights, turn signals, tail lights, etc.). Also need to finish mounting the actual HE and finish that plumbing.

I tried bumping the starter with the key just to see if I got anything but no love. I hear a bunch of relays click but the start solenoid doesn't trigger. I'm hoping I just missed a sensor somewhere.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Or the LAN loop or a ground or a connector or....going back into the wire harness moves things around and hope there is no broken connection somewhere. :oops: You will find it though, we have confidence in your abilities!!! ;) Oh and great progress!

jamesm

Goblin Guru
The computers are talking to each other. I can read codes and the turn signals/lights work. I can also see the throttle body move. I'm sure it's something simple that will become more apparent after I finish cleaning up the 40 other unterminated wires...

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Lights and turn signals don’t mean the data is working. Low beam work without a module and turn works directly through the bcm only.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Lights and turn signals don’t mean the data is working. Low beam work without a module and turn works directly through the bcm only.
The throttle body moving based on the accelerator pedal movement does mean the computers are working and communicating properly.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Ok. I know why my starter doesn't hit. I don't have the purple trigger wire hooked up. In fact, I can't find the purple trigger wire at all....

Looks like I'll be pulling the motor back out and cutting the wrap off the engine harness.....

Fun times....Bad words, bad words, BAD WORDS. ALL. THE. BAD. WORDS. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Harness can be removed with engine in place. Or just run a new wire from the fuse box to the starter. Or a separate push button for the starter.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Ok. Finally found the purple wire.

Before I put the motor back in, what kind of cover goes here:
IMG_2856.jpeg

Ross

Goblin Guru
A black plastic cover. Maybe I can find a pic...

Well, I couldn't find a picture, so I went out to my goblin, couldn't see it, so I went out to my shop, and the spare engine & transmission are the best picture I could get.

Last edited:

jamesm

Goblin Guru
A black plastic cover. Maybe I can find a pic...

Well, I couldn't find a picture, so I went out to my goblin, couldn't see it, so I went out to my shop, and the spare engine & transmission are the best picture I could get.
Any ideas what the part number is on that cover? I'm not having much luck finding it. Or does anyone have an extra they'd be willing to part with?