Jared's Florida Road/Track Build - 06 SS/SC (#230)

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I kept my windows intact so the salvage yard could possibly resell them. Then I watched as they smashed them with the forks on the forklift. Lol

jaredthenav

Finished deconstruction last night, but broke the fuel pump taking it out. So need to buy a new fuel pump, turn signal switch, and clutch kit. The intercooler pump and mount arrived today. Still trying to figure out getting the unibody out of the garage. All the local recycling yards are saying they need the title. So I may be resorting to the sawsall and cutting wheel!
20200812_204209.jpg

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Finished deconstruction last night, but broke the fuel pump taking it out. So need to buy a new fuel pump, turn signal switch, and clutch kit. The intercooler pump and mount arrived today. Still trying to figure out getting the unibody out of the garage. All the local recycling yards are saying they need the title. So I may be resorting to the sawsall and cutting wheel! View attachment 16084
Looks likes the little men had fun with windshield

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I used Car Dollies under my frame. The kind that normally go under the tires. Moved very easily. Also my car was titled in my name but I did not have the title in hand. The Salvage yard charged me $10 because of that. Apparently they pay a fee to the state and wanted to recover that.

jaredthenav

Took the first load of scrap steel to the recycling center and now I'm $6.60 richer. And then came home and cut the rest of the car in half. I'm anxious to get this out of my garage so I can start the wiring harness!
20200820_182652.jpg

jaredthenav

For the engine wiring harness: the videos just show relocating the MAF plug to the drivers side... And in the LSJ, the MAF is already on that side. Anything else need to be done to that harness? I'm thinking the fan plugs need to be stripped out, but wondering why they don't cover that in the video. Anything else?

jaredthenav

Started the wiring harness this evening. 15 year old electrical tape is gross, according to my assistant! Got through the first 2 wiring videos tonight.

Also spent last week prepping parts and tidying up the engine harness. Wondering why Lonny sets aside wires for the intercooler pump on the main harness build when the engine harness had a plug for the pump originally...I haven't seen anything suggesting that the pump is relocated to the front by the heat exchanger. What am I missing?
20200901_195114.jpg
20200901_195058.jpg

Ross

Goblin Guru
I wonder if it is for the turbo cars, as they get a new intercooler pump.
I didn't modify my engine wiring for the 06 LSJ SC.

JPas914

For the turbo cars, you will install a Bosch water pump to circulate water/coolant through the air-to-water intercooler. You shouldn’t need to worry about that since you already have a plug for that pump being an SS/SC. But, it may be a good idea to replace your pump while the engine is out.

Murcielago311

The IC water pump wiring on SCs goes unchanged. That part in the video is for the turbo pumps. You can remove or leave as an extra positive lead like chose to do. I have the purple 'fog light' and this as extra voltage in the rear if I ever need them.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Dang, wish I had an assistant! But wait, do I see the boss in the second photo containing the assistant is spending too much time with Dad's expensive hobby rather than doing chores and finishing his homework? Don't mess with the boss! :p;)

jaredthenav

For the turbo cars, you will install a Bosch water pump to circulate water/coolant through the air-to-water intercooler. You shouldn’t need to worry about that since you already have a plug for that pump being an SS/SC. But, it may be a good idea to replace your pump while the engine is out.
That decision was made for me when I took off the heat exchanger hoses and coolant had a glittery sheen. Plus it was attached to the subframe with a zip tie. I got a new pump and bracket already. Sounds like those pumps have a short life expectancy.

jaredthenav

Finished the wiring harness today. I intended to knock it out on Tuesday but I thought it would be better after hurricane Sally finished blowing. We didn't sustain any damage but a lot of neighbors lost their piers and a few days without power. Pensacola got it much worse, only about 25 miles away. Over 2 days we got over 2 feet of rain... Sounds more like snow accumulation than rain to this northerner!

I decided to wait to wrap the entire thing until I know it all works. I'm expecting the kit the first week of October so a couple weeks to prep and paint parts.
20200918_152155.jpg
20200916_113320.jpg
20200916_113310.jpg