Jared's Florida Road/Track Build - 06 SS/SC (#230)

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ok, I've gone through the forum and there doesn't seem to be a consensus about the utility of the valve cover breather, PCV valve going back to the intake; can I just get the valve cover breather, eliminate the tubing between the valve cover and intake, and cap off the two ports? I understand the vacuum system is more important in the turbo cars, but don't understand why vacuum is required under the valve cover. Plus the ZZP valve cover breather is on sale for black Friday.
Hopefully this will help explain the need to keep the valve cover vacuum connections in place.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
This has been debated a lot but the PCV is built into the intake under the blower so the port on the valve cover is just a breather. The intake section where that port hooks to doesn't have any vacuum so it wouldn't be much more effective to hook it up than to just put a filter on it. I just put a breather filter on mine

jaredthenav

I've been slow rolling the build a little. Since half the intent is to build it with my son, and he's been, well, a 13 year old, (plus my wife took him on a little trip this weekend), so trying to avoid major parts of the build. Spent some time grinding down the ignition and laying out the wiring harness, plus the bcm and cluster (twice since the first time I forgot the button panel).
20201205_192605.jpg
20201205_192543.jpg
20201205_192535.jpg
20201205_192522.jpg

20201205_192511.jpg

Oh, and the tires arrived. Bridgestone potenza re-71r to go with the stock wheels.
20201203_171004.jpg

jaredthenav

Does anyone know if I'm missing a plug here?
20201205_192543~2.jpg

Can't remember if my brake pedal just had the two plugs with the back outlet empty or if I clipped a plug I shouldn't have.

jaredthenav

Finished the day with me prepping the positive cable while my son tackled the radiator (with occasional help). I think we're about ready to drop the frame on the engine!

jaredthenav

Well we had friends in town for Christmas and took an impromptu trip for new years so didn't make the progress I was hoping. But after reading some other build logs I decided to get a rivet nut puller and am going to rivnut the tunnel, fire wall, and side panels. I also came across this to add a connector for the button panel.
20210103_152336.jpg

I'll probably do the fuel pump this evening.