Dragon Motorsports 1.0 [Extended\Full-Cage\Double Door Bars] - [Frame #290] - SOLD

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Yes, and I gave the donor to my next door neighbor to scrap but I don't think he did yet so will try and get a picture tonight.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Still have bot made much progress on the harness :(

I have gone back and did some additional labeling to help reduce any of my confusion, putting labels on the location and a matching one on its connector

Jareth

Goblin Guru
With the review of all connectors I have these two that that did not have a label for what ever reason?

Is this one for transmission?

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Made the trip up to DF Headquatrers to pick up my kit, Adam gave me great tour of the shop and got to meet everyone. I was so excited I forgot to look behide the curtain so your surprise is safe Kimberly. The rain held off so Lonny was able to give me a ride in their Goblin.

Lonny, you should sell tickets, that ride was more fun than anything at Six Fags.

Here she is

I picked up the full 3-stage kit so the cab of the truck was full

This backfired a little on me because in the next photo you will see I couldn’t recline the seat when I needed to pull into a rest area to get some sleep

But after driving for 13 hours I stopped and was able to move the seat forward and recline it a little and slept for 4 hours, hit the road again and got home just after noon.

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So you may find that I’m someone that likes doing as much as a project that I can without paying some one to do it for me, that being said I have read a lot of good things about a product called Steel-IT instead of Powder Coating. I want to get the frame coated ASAP as the ride home in the rain has already alowed some rust to start :mad:

The folliwing is what I currently plan on using to prep the frame, it will be a lot of work but I always take great pride in the fact that I’ve done it myself. And yes I have a dozen cans of the Steel-IT.

Dose anyone have any other suggestions of products or prepping the frame before paint?

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Was up at the crack of dawn to spend three hours sanding the frame with 40 grit, then another hour of wiping it down and then onto spaying 5 cans of Steel-IT ON her. I have to say I’m very happy with the outcome so far :) I still need to get to the underside but want to let it set overnight. I still have 7 more cans so plan on putting a few more coats on her.

AMCAMX1969

Mine is supposed to be here on Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning and as far as the frame goes will be a twin to yours (bought a case of Steel-It a few weeks ago).

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Just uploaded the method I used to pull my hoses thru the frame, the first side went thru with no issues but in the video you will see the other side that just as the hose exited the end the tie-wraps snap and he hose springs back into the frame. My reaction at the end of the video is funny. Reaction was because it startled me not that I got hurt.

Did not capture the third video because I pushed wrong button on GoPro, but only thing I did diffent was to put an additional section three inches from the first with additional tie-wrap and pulled it slower.

My Goblin Build - 12

https://youtube.com/channel/UCEn-zYTbTKGZSdxmppT7Miw

Last edited: