Dragon Motorsports 1.0 [Extended\Full-Cage\Double Door Bars] - [Frame #290] - SOLD

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
You could use the hoist to support the assembly, then lift the car. It’s just lifting it up and out like it’s an old small block, is not necessary. The assembly technically goes down not up.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Think of it like this, it’s easier to drop the frame over the engine while it’s on a moving dolly vs trying to engine house it into the frame (it can’t be done because of the roll bars and support bar) on the goblin frame that it

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So the tear down has begun :) and it’s a lot more fun when you’re not worried about the parts you’re not keeping. On the 2009 I would have to be careful that I did not damage anything I wanted to try and sale afterwards.

I’m going to have to cut out that top crossmember, it is just slightly pressed up against the black plastic cover to the point I cannot remove it.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Had to order some blades, so I’ll move on to something else tomorrow. Maybe rip out the interior.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So, before I get rid of the front seats is there anything from the underside thati might need that would help when installing new ones?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I’m trying to do a complete job of labeling everything but this one slipped by me without seeing from where I unplugged it from? It is in the same group of which the drivers side headlight, horn, and coolant connector is.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Thanks, that would explain why I missed it, that whole headlight area was exploded from the impact during what ever accident it was in.

Dsteinhorst

So, before I get rid of the front seats is there anything from the underside thati might need that would help when installing new ones?
If you got the button panel, you can save the connector from the bottom of the passenger seat to add to the panel.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
If you got the button panel, you can save the connector from the bottom of the passenger seat to add to the panel.
Sorry but I'm not sure I understand, I would think the connector would only have been for something that identified if someone was sitting in the seat? Perhaps for the seat belt alarm or airbag sensor?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
The dash panel comes without a pigtail of any kind. DF repurposes the connector from the bottom of the passenger seat for this. It doesn't matter what the original purpose of the pigtail is, you can cut it off and re-use it for something else ... and DF has singled out the passenger seat connector for this.

You don't have to do it that way. You can solder it in if you want (I would not do this) or you can source a new pigtail from Amazon or something, too.