Dragon Motorsports 1.0 [Extended\Full-Cage\Double Door Bars] - [Frame #290] - SOLD

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I’m not a drinking man but thinning of the harness my turn me into one :(

I’m not to the point of cutting my first wire and feel lost? My donor is a 2010 basic LS with no power anything.

Example: I believe the photo below looks similar to the one called ”Brake Connector“?
1. It has some twisted Tan & Brown wires
2. Does not have a thick ground wire
3. Directions state “one by one cut and remove the remaining twisted pairs of wires from the connector. I only see two set of twisted wires with all the rest being un twisted.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Little late for me to say this now, but just in case you haven’t fully stripped the loom yet: relabel all the connectors as you’re stripping the loom so you can look and be like “ah brake connector because I still have it labeled”

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I still have everything mostly labeled just seems all the wiring in first minutes of video look nothing like mine. Guess I need to find the schematic’s fox a 2010 and figure it out from scratch?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
The connectors will match between donor years and models for the vast majority of them. What changes is the wire colors. As long as your connector matches what’s in the video you should be good.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
My connector doesn’t match, assuming it’s the right connector but don’t see any other one it could be?

From video:

My connector:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Try connecting it to your ECM. If it does not fit it is likely your ECBM (electronic brake control module) connector. If you still have your donor carcass around you can try to connect it to the ECBM.
Make sure you identify the ECM connector, you don't want to accidentally cut it out.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Looks like Alldatadiy will be very helpful. Should I assume with a one month subscription I’ll be able save any and all that I need as pdf’s

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
It’s definitely possible, but you may find that you forgot that one diagram/connector that you need. Best to buy a year subscription or the 5 year and call it part of the build cost

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Also check with your local library, many of them have free access to the Chilton Library. You can also find libraries that have their Chilton info on their webpages. Let me know if you need help finding one.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
You guys are correct the connector is for ECM.

So how can I not have a connector EBCM? Would that only come with certain options on the car?

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
So how can I not have a connector EBCM? Would that only come with certain options on the car?
The EBCM is not applicable to donors without ABS. Depending on trim level and options, your donor may not be equipped.

Source: My donor was a 2008 Cobalt 1LT, with nothing fancy and I didn't have one either.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I guess I found it

Guess it is not part of the same harness that Lonny shows in the video, mine seems to be part of the engine harness

Dose anyone know what “Without JL4” means?

MJP61

I guess I found it

Guess it is not part of the same harness that Lonny shows in the video, mine seems to be part of the engine harness

Dose anyone know what “Without JL4” means?

Look at your RPO codes. See if your donor has JK4 option