Dragon Motorsports 1.0 [Extended\Full-Cage\Double Door Bars] - [Frame #290] - SOLD

Brett

On my first goblin I had to cut it. I used a disc on a Dremel like tool. I've been told that DF modified it to where cutting should not be an issue anymore. I do not know when they made this change.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Question of the day. I think I need to bend the brake line so that it is not making contact with the frame, correct?

I suspect overtime any vibration would cause it to form a leak?

Would covering it at that location with a piece of rubber hose be an option?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Covering it would ensure that its not a problem. But bending it slightly isn't hard, just don't get carried away and kink it. Another option would be to fasten it down at that location.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I don’t suspect that it is critical but witch is correct for placement of the foam spacer on the brake shaft, the two DF videos have it different?

I think this first one Is correct?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Does anyone know what thread hardware is used to mount the ignition to the frame, the video indicates to use small donor hardware? I don't seem to have anything small enough and when I took the ignition unit to Ace Hardware we could not find anything that matched the thread?

Last edited:

jayrolls

Does anyone know what thread hardware is used to mount the ignition to the frame, the video indicates to use small donor hardware? I don't seem to have anything small enough and when I took the ignition unit to Ace Hardware and nothing fit?

I tapped the hole to take a different thread because I couldn’t find screws that fit. I know some others have thru drilled the hole and minted it that way.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I’m about 90% sure that it’s a M5x.8 . There is a slight chance I had to tap it, but I don’t remember doing so. I used a 14mm length but that may just be what I had.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Bought my first Tap & Die Set and opened up the threads to accept a M6 donor bolt :)

And know for tonight’s question the small hose splice for the radiator seems perfect for the hose that runs through the frame but seems too loose for the hose that comes off the radiator?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I couldn’t find any videos so it took a little bit, but I think I figured out how the pieces of the steering went together.

Let me know if you see anything wrong? Other than needing to install the self-canceling piece.

I had these three 5/16-18 x 5/8 button head cap screws left over? What are they for?

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I couldn’t find any videos so it took a little bit, but I think I figured out how the pieces of the steering went together.

Let me know if you see anything wrong? Other than needing to install the self-canceling piece.

I had these three 5/16-18 x 5/8 button head cap screws left over? What are they for?

Those should be for the 3 screws to attach the steering wheel to the spline adapter.

Joe

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Theoretically they can be left in place, but you need to make sure they don't droop too far or do something so unnatural it separates the joints. Not sure if you're having trouble getting them out, or if you're considering reinstalling the engine + trans + subframe + knuckles + suspension as-is from the donor?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
They're usually easier to pop back in, than to remove. If you do take them out, just be very careful when popping them back in. It can take a lot of force exertion and if your car is up on jack stands, you want someone on the opposite side of the car, bracing it for you.