Jason in Texas - ext. track - 09 SS/TC

Briann1177

Goblin Guru

See post #7 for the part number.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I think I might be missing something from my pile of donor parts/hardware/brackets.

I was thinking "what's next?" last night after my first start, and my mind wandered to the mounting plate for the shift cables in the rear. Could I ask for a closer picture of the area circled?

View attachment 15028

I think it goes without saying, but this thread has been a huge help to me!
Jeremy, you have no idea how bad I felt for you the last few days. There are plenty of knowledgeable people here on the forum for sure. And many others like me who were still sitting here also trying to problem solve it for you. Most of us just sat and let all those others offer advice. But, I can tell you, I checked hourly and read every post of yours. You are gonna be SO **** proud when done!!!!! Emotional investment on your part has been through the roof.
So, the LEAST I can do for you today is share these pics. Glad I can finally help today!!!!!! :)

IMG_8420.jpgIMG_8421.jpg

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Hah, thank you. Yes, this forum is full of good, helpful people. I think I am over the hump now.

Thanks for the pics. =)

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Jeremy, you have no idea how bad I felt for you the last few days. There are plenty of knowledgeable people here on the forum for sure. And many others like me who were still sitting here also trying to problem solve it for you. Most of us just sat and let all those others offer advice. But, I can tell you, I checked hourly and read every post of yours. You are gonna be SO **** proud when done!!!!! Emotional investment on your part has been through the roof.
So, the LEAST I can do for you today is share these pics. Glad I can finally help today!!!!!! :)

View attachment 15029View attachment 15030
DF redesigned the shifter cable bracket to decrease the angle of the cable. Nice.

Goblin Guru
Well, the spare time everyone has seems to be turning into Goblin working time. The rate of posts is great!

I finished up all the water lines on my intercooler. I saw a few different plugs and solutions that others have done for the fill port. I found a clean cheap solution on Amazon. See pic below.

Steering wheel and quick release done.

Rear toe link hardware installed, not tightened.

Rear suspension installed, not tightened. Man the clearance with the inlet pipe on the driver side is TIGHT! I may try to cut the pipe and move it in another 1/4".

May fill some oil and coolant tonight. Still several small tasks to complete. Getting close to firing it back up! :)

View attachment 12399View attachment 12400View attachment 12401View attachment 12402View attachment 12403View attachment 12404
JB,

Back in March, you made the quoted post ... I searched Amazon up and down, and I cannot find that type of fill port on there anywhere. Help a brother out with a link?

Thank you!

Goblin Guru
Yep, just the plug. I guess I didn't find the JUST RIGHT combo of search terms for it to come up. Appreciate it.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
My older son bought a Polaris Slingshot a few months back. He has been working hard and saving so today he put a down payment on a DF 324 kit. I spoke with Lonny at the factory today. He mentioned that we would officially be the first family with a Goblin and a 324 Slingshot. My son said we were the "cool kids on the block". I had a hard time arguing with him...... LOL

I need to ask Lonny what he has in the research pipeline. My wife may be needing a project soon............. ;)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
OK. Another "Don't be THAT guy" post.....

When I installed the rear shocks, I tightened them both on top. I thought. They were both the same length on top. I have over 200 plus miles on it.

Last night, I went over several small speed bumps. Real slowly of course. When I got home, I saw the top nut up away from the plate about 1/4". Red flag! Well, it turns out that I did not originally tighten them enough to get the rod seated on it's shoulder on the underside. Maybe the powder coating had something to do with it. There are probably some pics out there with them installed correctly, but it is a small detail that can be overlooked easily. The pic with the tape measure shows it completely tightened correctly.

Goblin on, friends!!

61518075941__84C3519C-2A29-4F3C-A00B-F300EA175349.JPG61518076779__732A9A49-04D8-4390-9FC4-29817015706C.JPGIMG_8457.jpg

Goblin Guru
Hey, "Don't be THAT guy" posts help us all to avoid problems. We all appreciate them. Thanks for the heads-up!

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I'd also be willing to bet it was the powdercoat that caused the issue. I didn't have mine coated and they seated right up.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
for reference later. Link to windscreen mods:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
for reference later.
ZZP Stage 1 Upgraded MAP sensors

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
All right. A little fun on a hot weekend. :) :)

Who can come up with the best caption for the pic below? Let 'er rip!!!!!!

I will start:

But honey, the guy said it would make it sound really good!!!!!

Really, I got it on sale!

I can't wait for the guys at the track to see this mod........

IMG_8508.jpg