Jason in Texas - ext. track - 09 SS/TC

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You can leave the evap solenoid attached to the intake despite it not being needed. Put a cap where the vacuum line connected.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
gotchya. That would be easy. Thanks for the clarification!
I think removing it completely would clean that area up a little more, though. I will try to make a little flat plate to bolt over it. Will keep this thread updated when done.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Y'all...... I have avoided Facebook like the plague. Today just proved all my thoughts as correct. I signed up for FB. Joined the two biggest Cobalt SS pages. Posted a really concise, simple, and fairly priced list of parts for sale. Oh my. The hate for me. The assertion of being a scammer. The rudeness. Makes my blood pressure rise. After I sell enough parts (up to $805 recovered to date after Craigslist posting), I will be immediately deleting my profile on FB and NEVER returning there. Jeez. Some people just have no life out there.

Oh well. I did get some parts cleaned in between all the exchanges... :)
Watch some build videos with the pleasurable little ditty in the background - now that is soothing.......

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Y'all...... I have avoided Facebook like the plague. Today just proved all my thoughts as correct. I signed up for FB. Joined the two biggest Cobalt SS pages. Posted a really concise, simple, and fairly priced list of parts for sale. Oh my. The hate for me. The assertion of being a scammer. The rudeness. Makes my blood pressure rise. After I sell enough parts (up to $805 recovered to date after Craigslist posting), I will be immediately deleting my profile on FB and NEVER returning there. Jeez. Some people just have no life out there.

Watch some build videos with the pleasurable little ditty in the background - now that is soothing.......
Gotta consider the Cobalt SS demographic. It's typically 20-something males. Some of the flakiest ******* ever.

Murcielago311

Is it the 'can't believe you parted a turbo sedan' thread? Lol, it's a cobalt, chill.
The group is full of talkers but the ones who have actually showed up with cash have all been decent dudes.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru

I had that same experience on FB!
Oh well, as long as that group keeps creating donors (aka nice usable wrecked donors) the experience didn't bother me as much. :p

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Fab up a small piece of plate and put a gasket on the bottom. should take care of it. I can fab up a second one, when I make mine.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Russel.. Thanks for the offer, man. I will see if I get to it tomorrow. Will let you know. Trying to clean up the engine a little now.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
So prepping parts this morning. Got to the brake pedal position sensor. Video said remove the little 7 mm bolt. Well, the stupid thing twisted right off..... Looks like it had some loctite. Makes sense. Grrrrrr.
Not even gonna touch the similar one on the clutch pedal. I will just tape over it and then paint the rest.
Another $9 to RockAuto, I guess.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
crud. I feel for ya, man. little bolts and plastic parts just don't fit well in big wrench turnin' hands...... :)

RouteAbel

So prepping parts this morning. Got to the brake pedal position sensor. Video said remove the little 7 mm bolt. Well, the stupid thing twisted right off..... Looks like it had some loctite. Makes sense. Grrrrrr.
Not even gonna touch the similar one on the clutch pedal. I will just tape over it and then paint the rest.
Another $9 to RockAuto, I guess.
I broke both mine. The replacements didn't come with the tiny little bolt. Not sure where to find that.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
The title to this post could be "man versus donor shell - you know who wins....."

I guess when none of your neighbors have a spare forklift, and a six pack will not entice the six biggest (and oldest) guys to come do some heavy lifting, well then you just got to get creative. No body parts and no tools were damaged today. Good day.
IMG_7465.jpg
IMG_7466.jpg
IMG_7467.jpg
IMG_7468.jpg
IMG_7469.jpg
IMG_7470.jpg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
One of the first things that the instructional videos cover is the turn signal lever - making sure it resets to the off position. My was broken. So,I called uncle Rock Auto to get another. But, out of curiosity, I opened up the broken one to see what was amiss. Plastic part, of course. As cheap as plastic is, one would think they could add a little extra in a high stress zone to make sure it outlasts the car. But maybe GM has a silent stake in Rock Auto.

IMG_7471.jpg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
And the "good-byes" were said.
Scrap steel is just not worth much compared to the assembled components that it added up to be in a working vehicle! Sheesh!

IMG_7475.jpg
IMG_7478.jpg