Jason in Texas - ext. track - 09 SS/TC

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
BTW, plexiglass scratches very easily, as most everyone knows, but GA aircraft have been using it for decades and they have some excellent cleaners and polishes that are formulated for plexiglass - and they work better than the Wal-Mart household stuff. I've been using the Prist cleaner for a long time and it works very well at getting the bugs and oily stuff off - spray it on (foam), let it sit for a couple minutes and wash it off. To keep your plexiglass clear it should be polished periodically, especially if you expose it to lots of sunlight. The plexi polishes have UV inhibitors - and it makes the bugs come off easier. Been using the Novis plexiglass polish, good stuff.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
BTW, plexiglass scratches very easily, as most everyone knows, but GA aircraft have been using it for decades and they have some excellent cleaners and polishes that are formulated for plexiglass - and they work better than the Wal-Mart household stuff. I've been using the Prist cleaner for a long time and it works very well at getting the bugs and oily stuff off - spray it on (foam), let it sit for a couple minutes and wash it off. To keep your plexiglass clear it should be polished periodically, especially if you expose it to lots of sunlight. The plexi polishes have UV inhibitors - and it makes the bugs come off easier. Been using the Novis plexiglass polish, good stuff.
*bookmark*

Thanks for the insight, that'll be handy.

Goblin Guru
Jason, I think I got myself turned around a little with bits I had left from my (two) donor car(s).

Would you mind showing me, end to end, the connection from your clutch master cylinder all the way to the transmission/clutch?

There is something missing in my inventory and I'm trying to put my finger on what bit isn't there.

Thanks for all your help, always!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Jason, I think I got myself turned around a little with bits I had left from my (two) donor car(s).

Would you mind showing me, end to end, the connection from your clutch master cylinder all the way to the transmission/clutch?

There is something missing in my inventory and I'm trying to put my finger on what bit isn't there.

Thanks for all your help, always!
What are you looking for? It’s a solid bent piece of tubing with with quick connectors on each end. The master cylinder end just pushes in and the trans end goes before the 90* connector that goes inside the trans.

I looked for pics in my stash, but can’t find any

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Thanks guys, gonna keep this limited to my build thread though, I don't want to keep derailing JB's thread.
I was so excited when my build thread rolled over to a page two. At 19 pages now, not such a big deal....
Jeremy you got my #. Sometimes a phone conversation clears more up than 10 texts / emails. :)

Goblin Guru
I was so excited when my build thread rolled over to a page two. At 19 pages now, not such a big deal....
Jeremy you got my #. Sometimes a phone conversation clears more up than 10 texts / emails. :)
I really do appreciate that. This forum has been nothing short of amazing... more details on that in a little while.

Frost

*bookmark*

Thanks for the insight, that'll be handy.

You might as well order this. I'm in PA... drove about 25 minutes the other evening and picked up about 100 bugs. And you know those bugs on 222 are always traveling in that ~100 MPH range. Removed the windsheild (I now have it on with stainless hardware using wingnuts on the inside) and cleaned with mild soap, water, and a microfiber cloth. It looks like I used 120 grit sandpaper. Lesson learned.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
You might as well order this. I'm in PA... drove about 25 minutes the other evening and picked up about 100 bugs. And you know those bugs on 222 are always traveling in that ~100 MPH range. Removed the windsheild (I now have it on with stainless hardware using wingnuts on the inside) and cleaned with mild soap, water, and a microfiber cloth. It looks like I used 120 grit sandpaper. Lesson learned.
I have not tried this, but there are several references to it on the net. I assume it works "somewhat"?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
A heat gun will create waviness in the plexiglass - not recommended. :eek: Use the aircraft plexiglass cleaner, polish and restorer stuff from Aircraft Spruce or other vendor. GA aircraft have been using plexi for decades and they have the right stuff to take care of it correctly.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Welcome indeed!
This forum is a continuum of good people passing through. Some before us. Many after us. Great to be around y'all right now though!!!!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Open car, 45 degrees (in the morning in December), so yes a pair of driving gloves is a must...where to put them? I know, in my Goblin glove box!
Maybe this is the next 'luxury car' item to work on while I have too much time to think while watching the thermometer go past 110... o_O
Thanks for the idea JB. :D

Goblin Guru
I think I might be missing something from my pile of donor parts/hardware/brackets.

I was thinking "what's next?" last night after my first start, and my mind wandered to the mounting plate for the shift cables in the rear. Could I ask for a closer picture of the area circled?

shift_cable_mount.jpg

I think it goes without saying, but this thread has been a huge help to me!