Jay’s Build Log- Track Goblin, extended #323, 07 SS SC

jayrolls

Let's see if this works. All of that stuff is on my laptop at home. I'm going off an old email. I think this is the original gm stage2 tune for an 07, with e deletes.
Awesome. Thank you. I just ordered a smoke machine to make sure I don’t have any leaks, new injectors should be here this weekend. Probably change the plugs again and pray.

jayrolls

Assembly Day - 9
Got the rear brakes installed, still need to run the brake lines and the ebrake cables. Had to add an extra washer between the knuckle and the adapter to have the correct spacing around the rotor. Installed the spacers to make sure everything fit. Looked like I will have to pull the spacers back off and trim about 1/16th - 1/8th off the stud. There is plenty of space before the threads start so should be good.

Got the exchanger fan working. I installed the diode in the wrong direction. Now fan turn on with key on.

Smoke machine on order. Should get here Friday. Want to confirm what I found while inspecting today. It looks like I have a problem with the way the gasket is lined up below the supercharger. In the picture you can see part of the rubber gasket that should be making a seal. I believe I have found a major intake leak. I pulled and inspected the fresh set of plugs I installed yesterday. the threads looked good on all of them this time so I do think that one was a little loose.

Goal for the weekend, smoke the intake. Pull supercharger and replace gasket. Install 42# injectors and GM stage 2 tune. Start engine again and hope that she is happier.

Attachments

baustin

I see you want to go back to the 42# injectors to help get to a stable tune, that makes sense. I do have 60# injectors with 2.9" pulley on an '06 LSJ that is running pretty good. My understanding is that any 60# or larger injectors can cause a slight miss at idle though the misfire tables for mine were updated to not be counted unless more significant (my pulley/injector/tune was done by ZZP). I've been happy with the tune where Al from ZZP left it. Of course a slight uneven idle is far different than where you're at right now.

Send me a PM if you want a copy of my latest tune to compare against yours, it might help you figure out the 60# injector settings.

jayrolls

Couldn’t take it any longer. Still waiting on the smoke machine to get here but I knew the gasket was wrong. Wife helped we pulled the supercharger and installed the gasket correctly. Running a million times better. Still plan to install the 42# injectors.

jayrolls

Assembly Day -10
Finished installing the front brakes and plumbed the rear. Been struggling with bleeding the system. Think I have it wiped now. Found a leak at the input line at the front brake tee and passenger side flex line to solid line. Now just need my pedal assistant to help me finish up.

Installed the new 42# injectors And the updated tune. Engine start is on the agenda.

I seem to have a problem with my intercooler pump. I don’t believe it is turning on. key on, after 10 seconds only read 1.7 volts. Question is, does the engine have to be running for the fan to turn on?

Attachments

jayrolls

Assembly Day -10
Finished installing the front brakes and plumbed the rear. Been struggling with bleeding the system. Think I have it wiped now. Found a leak at the input line at the front brake tee and passenger side flex line to solid line. Now just need my pedal assistant to help me finish up.

Installed the new 42# injectors And the updated tune. Engine start is on the agenda.

I seem to have a problem with my intercooler pump. I don’t believe it is turning on. key on, after 10 seconds only read 1.7 volts. Question is, does the engine have to be running for the fan to turn on?
Ok, so I can just the relay out and make the pump turn on. I’m not getting anything at the 15 amp fuse. Tried swapping the relay with the a/c relay and the same problem is there.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Maybe loosen and retighten the 7mm bolts that hold the electrical blocks onto the fusebox circuits. Grounds?

Ross

Goblin Guru
My engine needed to be started for the pump to turn on. Just tested it. Oh, and I dug the dash parts out of my donor today.

jayrolls

My engine needed to be started for the pump to turn on. Just tested it. Oh, and I dug the dash parts out of my donor today.
Engine running, pump is running. So that is good. But know I have lost my dash. No fuel gauge and know will not with the key. If I jump the starter it starts but I have no rpm on the dash. VCM scanner shows rpms.

Last edited: