Jay’s Build Log- Track Goblin, extended #323, 07 SS SC

jayrolls

Engine running, pump is running. So that is good. But know I have lost my dash. No fuel gauge and know will not with the key. If I jump the starter it starts but I have no rpm on the dash. VCM scanner shows rpms.
Update-
Reseated the PCM connectors and everything is working again and motor starts rights up.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I have the same electrical issue. Unplug the data wires from the power steering, and reseat it. Sometimes that fixes it. I'm on my 3rd power steering unit, so that fixes it sometimes too. Basically data isn't flowing on the GM high speed LAN.

jayrolls

I have the same electrical issue. Unplug the data wires from the power steering, and reseat it. Sometimes that fixes it. I'm on my 3rd power steering unit, so that fixes it sometimes too. Basically data isn't flowing on the GM high speed LAN.
What was weird is that with the engine running I had good date with VCM scanner. I would think that if the high speed LAN was the issue I wouldn’t see data. It was just weird.

jayrolls

Assembly Day -10
Finished installing the front brakes and plumbed the rear. Been struggling with bleeding the system. Think I have it wiped now. Found a leak at the input line at the front brake tee and passenger side flex line to solid line. Now just need my pedal assistant to help me finish up.

Installed the new 42# injectors And the updated tune. Engine start is on the agenda.

I seem to have a problem with my intercooler pump. I don’t believe it is turning on. key on, after 10 seconds only read 1.7 volts. Question is, does the engine have to be running for the fan to turn on?
I cannot get good brake pressure. I even installed a new master cylinder. It just seems like I am getting nothing bit air. What lines was I suppose to use for the reservoir to the master cylinder? I used the left over tubing from the vacuum line. I have even tired loosing the brake switches to make sure the pedal was coming all the way up. I tried to vacuum bleed them at the bleed valves like I did for the clutch but I am still no getting anywhere.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I had to do both vacuum bleeding and pressure bleeding to get it to pump up.

Last edited:

jayrolls

Oh, I just used the master cylinder to provide the pressure. The normal 2 person method... no special equiment needed.
Me and the wife tried and tried. Honestly frustrating. I have bleed so many brakes in my life time with just a pedal pumper. I keep getting air. But I don’t see any leaks.

jayrolls

Assembly Day -11
Loosely installed the tunnel cap. My M3 rivnut puller would not pull. It kept stripping out the threads. Will have to order a new chuck. I don’t want to rivet the tunnel cap. I want it to be easily removed if need be. Got the rear firewall installed and set the drivers seat in. I’m a bigger guy and am pleased to report that I was able to get in and out with out much problem.

I seem to be able to turn my headlights on with out the key being installed or turned on. Not sure if I have something worked wrong. I am getting a brake fluid light and low coolant light. Both are have been replaced with Rock auto parts. Time to read out the wires and determine if it’s a wire problem or a sensor problem.

Attachments

baustin

Brake fluid light? Isn't that the "BRAKE" light on the dash or is that separate? Do you have a parking brake circuit grounded to immitate the handle or parking brake handle engaged to ground the circuit? Either option would turn off that light if the fluid sensor is actually working.

jayrolls

Brake fluid light? Isn't that the "BRAKE" light on the dash or is that separate? Do you have a parking brake circuit grounded to immitate the handle or parking brake handle engaged to ground the circuit? Either option would turn off that light if the fluid sensor is actually working.
It’s on the digital readout That says low brake fluid.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I did not have good luck with rivnuts for the tunnel cover, but tapping the pre-drilled rivet holes for M4 button head machine screws worked out great.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
The M4 looked like it wouldn’t leave much of tunnel.
The M4 rivnuts required a 6mm hole, so there wasn't a lot of margin on the upper side. I had issues being able to install the rivnuts because of access too. However, running this guy through the pre-drilled rivet holes to tap the tunnel for M4 screws worked great.