JCas Tacoma Wa city easy entry 07 LS #188 "REGISTERED"

Goblin Graber

Good info!

On a related item, does anyone notice if their fuel gauge does not register fuel being added in real time? (with the key engaged).
Mine sometimes takes a few hours to fully register full when filling up. Or, maybe it is a few turns on and off of the vehicle?

If the float level is just changing the resistance in the circuit, I would assume it would be instantaneous. Once it registers full, it tracks the level of the tank correctly.

Thoughts?
My 09 duramax does that. If I fill it while it’s running it could take 15 minutes for the fuel gauge to read correct. A cycle of the key and it goes right to where it should be.

My edge attitude monitor in that truck has a fuel gauge that is slow to update just like the factory gauge. My best guess is the BCM does a lot of smoothing to the fuel level sending unit signal. That way fuel sloshing around doesn’t make the needle go wonky.

Jcas

So the past few months I have been busy but I happened to get my car out and run it to work to get fuel as that happens to be one of the perks with my job. If it needs fuel take it to work and fill er up. Anyway one of my co-workers had to go for a ride and after the ride filmed this which I have to post. If you are on the fence about a base model or supercharged maybe you want turbo. I think you must first ask yourself how and where am I going to go with this thing. They are fun to drive as it gets looks, nods, smiles, thumbs up, from old to young. This for me is a vacation animal and daily drive so yes I have plans to supercharge but looking at under driving the charger. As you can tell from the vid it can be a bit to keep a hold of even as NA. I can spin tires for three gears if I choose. In this vid I had to back out for another speed bump.

Jcas

Right tire to be correct)) How SCing project is going?
Waiting for meetup.
I have the supercharger only still in need of everything else. Yes I am looking forward to meet up and in hopes for a special guest but not sure yet

Jcas

Right tire to be correct)) How SCing project is going?
Waiting for meetup.
Yes sadly enough but I have been looking at a couple of different options to fix that problem. Phantom Grip and Traction Concepts both offer a LSD option for around the 350 dollar range. Just doing my research and checking reviews. Not sure I want to pull the trigger on that even though I have two of the three ways to surface the gears but......

As for the SCing I have the supercharger only getting ready to start locating all the other parts or I may source them from someone like ZZP

Jcas

So you have seen vids of car when it has ran well but once again the gremlin is back. It is not ECM possible BCM more likely a faulty connection. As you can tell it has even the experts confussed.
20210515_112055.jpg

Jcas

What seats are those?
Kinda a no brand name from Amazon they where like 350 for the set. But for everything I wanted they are great. Being smaller framed guy hard to find a set of seat that hold me and these do. Have not had anyone complain

Jcas

Sounds like a faulty throttle body. What codes do you have
None. The only thing I can find with the tech 2 is both taillights are throwing code in BCM other than that it can't find the SDM (that is the air bag module) and I show a low coolant level. Funny thing there is there is no sensor that I am aware of in the 2007 LS models

If I slip clutch (basically don't let it all the way up to activate clutch switch B) it goes like tail on fire until switch is closed

Last edited:

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
None. The only thing I can find with the tech 2 is both taillights are throwing code in BCM other than that it can't find the SDM (that is the air bag module) and I show a low coolant level. Funny thing there is there is no sensor that I am aware of in the 2007 LS models

If I slip clutch (basically don't let it all the way up to activate clutch switch B) it goes like tail on fire until switch is closed
What happens if you unplug switch B? I’m assuming it has no issues then? Maybe trace the wires and see if there’s a short somewhere on that switch. Or replace the switch and see if that resolves the issue.

Jcas

What happens if you unplug switch B? I’m assuming it has no issues then? Maybe trace the wires and see if there’s a short somewhere on that switch. Or replace the switch and see if that resolves the issue.
we have done that already. I have hopefully a car coming up to auction that is almost off the assembly line with my donor and a twin other than color. I have already traded an extra ECM over to it and borrowed to see if it is a ECM problem but that was not the answer as the problem continues. I have spent all day today going through the wiring harness and all wires are good and connections and plugs now have been cleaned with CRC contact cleaner and a fresh blob of dielectric grease applied.

So lets see if I can explain this a bit better if you drive like grandma the car will go to full throttle but you have to push slow. It will go there if you mash it to the floor but the ecm/bcm will only let it go at 30% that is in Reverse 1st and 2nd. When you hit 3rd there is a 1/2 second delay when you mash throttle but you dont have to hang on as it pushes you back into the seat very well. So now I have had on three occasions fix itself. 2 of them are my favorite round about close to work as we can really burn it good the other was a off chance of a green light getting off the freeway home and it is the same basic flat left turn you take in 2nd at about 2/3rd throttle with a bit of bounce as you go through. So like many I keep thinking poor connection or bad ground.

THINGS DONE TO CORRECT PROBLEM
In the beginning had clutch switch b codes replace and installed clutch switches
Then in Grants Pass Or. car would not start finished trip using wire to jump the relay to start. Found that the connections in the switch were loose so took plug apart carefully adjusted connectors reassembled and done a clutch relearn and problem fixed. Ran great until just a couple weeks back and then........

Now this spring discovered that exhaust had cracked at the flange a short chat with Adam and new muffler on its way. We done a up grade to 2 1/2 getting ready to do supercharger. well the new muffler did not have the O2 bung. Thought no biggy I will add one latter for the wide band and for now we don't need that one to run and had forgotten to shut the DTCs part down. Check engine light came on and bingo here is my Gremlin again.

So we have tried a different ECM have gotten a Tech 2 scanner with candi module. (most of which believe this or not is car find from my job) the only things I found that maybe had effect was that I had low voltage on the brake switch. took apart used finger nail file cleaned contact and then contact cleaner and dielectric grease. problem gone. the other is the coolant level low that I see. tossing over the idea of changing the temp sensor but it seems fine but......

I have taken every ground apart cleaned the pedal box now has a ground strap from the ground lug to the negative battery ground lug. I have installed a ground strap from engine to the ground lug under fuse box. problem still haunts me and just about to the end of this. If I can get the BCM from that car on monday may try that too but like I said if you slip clutch it works and if you disconnect the speed sensor it runs like a striped ape too. So with no codes and everything about the same just don't know where to look. I had the car tore down far enough to have the tunnel cover of looking over all parts of wiring doing tests and resistance and ...... I just have never had a problem be so evasive.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
If you have access to it, it couldn’t hurt to swap throttle bodies. I does sound a bit like limp mode maybe the servo in the throttle is binding when it’s trying to quickly open however when you apply slowly it’s able to move past that point.

Jcas

If you have access to it, it couldn’t hurt to swap throttle bodies. I does sound a bit like limp mode maybe the servo in the throttle is binding when it’s trying to quickly open however when you apply slowly it’s able to move past that point.
I would agree only that it will bark tires in third and took us from 50ish to 120 in a bit over 1/8 mile and if that where the case I am not sure speed sensor plays a role in that

Jcas

question of the day how many plugs do you have on the brake light switch on your base models with and without cruise. After chatting with Lonny today I came home and found that my tcc/cruise brake is in the applied position in the tech 2 and wondering if the car thinks it has a traction problem and reducing power.