JCas Tacoma Wa city easy entry 07 LS #188 "REGISTERED"

Jcas

I am sure that I am not the first to feel like a kid in a candy store that has been told get what ever you want (Special thanks to my wife of 22 years). Along with the excitement I can't help feeling a bit overwhelmed. I have to both pinch myself to see if this is a dream and assure myself that this is broke down so easy and I have all of you here. They say a journey of a 1000 miles starts with the first step. I have been spending the past few weeks ordering things from amazon to ensure that all things will be organized and labeled. I have even gotten a couple more USB thumb drives to store pictures and more pictures on. I have spent many hours pouring over all of your post in high hopes to not make the same mistakes as you have but I will ensure that I will make some that you all can learn from LOL.

I now have to do my due diligence and now keep you all up to date as to my successes and failures as I have now put the wheels in motion. In the past few weeks of owning the Cobalt I have done very little to it as I have found that the work space that I have seems to not be as dry as I had hoped. So I hope this weekend to at least put a tarp over the roof of the detached garage (to at least get me through to nicer weather to put a new roof on the garage) and have made arrangements to store our motorcycle in the neighbors garage to make room for the new project. I have spent some time to figure out why the right turn signal didn't work (bad turn signal switch) and tried to get the Low voltage Mass Air flow code to go away but feel that during the accident the plastics between the throttle body and mass air flow sensor are shattered so have decided rather than try to seal this long enough to clear code may just be a waste of time and beings that this section all gets replaced with a cold air intake that most likely this code will take care of itself.

Our plans with this build is to tear the Cobalt down and do the needed work to get it into the Goblin. Once there and most bugs worked out I will be ordering a supercharger from most likely zzp and up grade our NA to SC. Once that is done I have a huge learning curve that I am in high hopes I can get my help here on. I am very much old school and we are no longer setting our timing by twisting the distributor or using our golden screw driver to set fuel mixture.

We have many longer trips planned for the Car possibly some autocross and maybe a road course or two might also be in the future of this little car. One fact I know for sure there will be plenty of rides given to those that ask.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the Goblin Family! It is an adventure of skill, luck, research, triumphs, failures and satisfaction! ...and as you mentioned, we’ll be here to help along the way.

Tell us about your donor... miles, how you got it, etc...

Last edited:

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the group.
I'm sure you read it before but while tearing out the harness label every plug well. Even if it is not hooked to something give it a number and make a note of where in the car it was located. You'll be glad you did when you are done.

Jcas

I had posted in another post but this is a better place to put this anyway.

So this is my donor I agreed to work it off. Agreed price was $800 it only has 79295 miles showing. One of the deciding factors for buying the other was its manual.
20200108_165147.jpg

So today was a great day. Motorcycles moved and part of garage cleaned. Just have to move the RX7 out. I would have had this done had Waterdriver not called and said "Jim I think it is warm enough for a drive around the neighborhood would you like a ride?" Well you know I had to be the nice guy and go over and give him a reason to get the Goblin out. The best way to waste an afternoon.

Thank you Karl for the invite. If you want to know where I live just follow the black marks back to my house lol. I really enjoyed it far more than words can say.

Last edited:

Jcas

So today was a very exciting day. and most definitely a productive day. Finished cleaning the garage, gave the cobalt its last bath, got bids on paint and powder coatings. So many color choices what is a guy to do. I finally finalized the colors today then made it back home move the donor into the garage and went to work. First two videos done. and look I still have two days of the weekend left. It is so nice to be making progress.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Pictures, we need pictures!!! :D Sounds like you are moving along nicely and have not encountered any problems yet. Did you get a label maker? Don't forget photos of everything before disassembly will help later on.

Jcas

Pictures, we need pictures!!! :D Sounds like you are moving along nicely and have not encountered any problems yet. Did you get a label maker? Don't forget photos of everything before disassembly will help later on.
What!!!!!????? and let you see my messy garage!!!!!????? I spent 3 days just to get donor in and moved out many projects LOL

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Looks like the temperature sensor, so you can see what degrees it is outside and it will be displayed on the dash readout.

Also mentioned here:
in Video 22 at 3:12 min. mark.

Jcas

Thank you. I thought it was that but was not sure. It still works but looks like it has been through heck as it was in the badly damaged section of the nose headlight area.

Jcas

Well what a weekend. Donor is stripped of all usable parts, shifter and all parts emergancy brake and aluminum tubes and moved donor out to do the dash as I did not have room to work on it with donor in garage.

Listed parts online and sold stock steel rims to a guy with a G5

The bad is once tank was dropped found that I have the one model that the pump is mounted to the bottom of the tank so now have to sorce pump and related parts.

So now it is loaded on trailer ready to go to car heaven and become a toaster on Walmarts shelf next week.
20200223_172556.jpg

Jcas

Now starts the fun. This is most likely the most nerving part of the build to me. Although I have it easy as I only had two wires going to each door for speakers no on star no abs.
20200229_171121.jpg

New parts are on the way so things are starting to get exciting. Picked up some wheels from work that will get us on wheels. Seats and mounts ordered and have 28 hours logged in on build so far.

Murcielago311

I got those same zip-tie labels, which were clutch.
The wiring harnesses have been my favorite part so far except for pulling off the wet, sticky electrical tape. It's been my quiet, alone time for awhile now. The new videos honestly make it really easy, it's just time-consuming.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Are those the ones from the eBay guy? I'm really happy with the quality of mine for the price paid...