JCas Tacoma Wa city easy entry 07 LS #188 "REGISTERED"

Jcas

Oh! Almost forgot- if that's an '04 Redline, it doesn't have an LSD. They only offered the competition package (with gray wheels, boost gauge and LSD) from 2005 on.
I do believe how ever that it is a bit higher geared than my current trans which if so would make the freeway a bit more enjoyable as 3200 rpm for 75 mph gets on your ears after awhile. Along with that I think I have a problem with second and a bit more noise coming from the gear box than when I first started driving the car. Maybe I should not be so hard on second.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
A 4.05 final drive F35 (LSJ spec) should be 175 RPMs higher at 70mph than a 3.84 final drive F23 (non-XFE N/A Cobalt spec) on a 25" tall tire. What size tires are you running?

CajunJeff

Looking at Rockauto the do show NON Abs hubs for front and rear
All year Redlines had ABS, some of the base model Ions had rear drums and no ABS. None of them had traction control. That sensor on the intermediate shaft is the speed sensor, and was only on the '04 models. You will need a dealership or someone with HPTuners to change the speed sensor setting in the ECU.

(EDIT: If you just want to swap in the drivetrain from the Ion, that's doable, but probably more work than you'd like)

https://www.redlineforums.com/threads/04-speed-sensor-to-07.89746/#post-1314888

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I guess I’m lucky. Mine is a 09 as/tc I put 275/40r18 on the rear. Just took a hour drive on the highway at 80 and my rpm held at 2800

Jcas

I am just concerned about the tranns I have currently in the car seems more slop in the drive train and more noise like a bearing going south.