Jeff's Extended Track - 07 SS/SC Donor - Chassis #91

Ross

Goblin Guru
I'm still slowing getting the engine back together. New coil packs and I reloomed and retaped the coil pack wiring. Too bad there will be a cover over them... they sorta look cool. Next month I'll get injectors and I'll be close to taking it down off the engine stand.
View attachment 9670
A clear plexiglass cover? Those coils do look nice. Bosch EV-14 split spray injectors? They are available in many sizes, but the 870cc (82lbs/hr) injectors are what I am using with my 2.9" pulley, and eventually on E85, then the 2.7" pulley. We could share HP Tuners data... just saying. These injectors are more expensive than the Siemens Deka injectors, but the Bosch ones are made for 4 valve engines (hence the split spray) and have a shorter minimum pulse to help with idle... from what I have read, as I haven't put them on my engine yet.

Last edited:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
It looks like RockAuto has them still (link below). They are discontinued on some sites. Make sure you use GM part number 12786376 and NOT GM part number 55557180. Part numbers V480 and V559 also work.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/standard+motor+products,V480,pcv+(positive+crankcase+ventilation)+valve,5052

O'Reilly Auto may have them too under part number V480:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/standard-intermotor-5820/engine-sensors---emissions-25132/pcv-25064/pcv-valve-12021/c24c7c440178/standard-intermotor-pcv-valve/v480/6021138

Hope this help!

Last edited:

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
It looks like RockAuto has them still (link below). They are discontinued on some sites. Make sure you use GM part number 12786376 and NOT GM part number 55557180. Part numbers V480 and V559 works as well.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/standard+motor+products,V480,pcv+(positive+crankcase+ventilation)+valve,5052

O'Reilly Auto may have them too under part number V480:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/standard-intermotor-5820/engine-sensors---emissions-25132/pcv-25064/pcv-valve-12021/c24c7c440178/standard-intermotor-pcv-valve/v480/6021138

Hope this help!
Awesome, thank you. I was ready to order the last GM one I could find from Ukraine.

You don't happen to know where there are any cam sensor housing gaskets too do you? Part #12600009

Last edited:

Murcielago311

You can't find them anymore. I think Oldchevyguy had a thread on not finding them and I need one too. I'm just going to try the old one with RTV.
I saw a thread somewhere where someone made their own out of cutting sections of rubber o-ring material and RTV at the corners, also.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
You can't find them anymore. I think Oldchevyguy had a thread on not finding them and I need one too. I'm just going to try the old one with RTV.
I saw a thread somewhere where someone made their own out of cutting sections of rubber o-ring material and RTV at the corners, also.
What Murcie says is true... I just used my old one and used RTV.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Build Update: I've made some progress in the right direction on the GOKART build. Finally got the engine off the stand, so I thought I would share some before and after pictures:

Here are the engine mount pics. I wanted to make sure I had the bolts in the right holes. If anybody would like to confirm, it would be much appreciated. You can see the red gas tank in each pic to get the proper orientation.

And finally the engine is in the frame...

I'll be taking some parts to the powder coaters tomorrow and get them back in March. I need to put the main harness in the frame and just waiting for some warmer weather, but I still have a lot to keep me busy. Painted 5x114.3 hubs last night.

If anyone needs a F35 MU3 transmission with 118K miles on it, I have one for about $150 with a new throw out bearing and clutch pipe. I'll take some pictures of it and throw it in the Classifieds thread.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Today I installed an aftermarket engine oil cooler. It is tough to keep those 10an fittings from getting scratched up...
Will that get any airflow through it being mounted parallel with the airflow? Do you have AN wrenches or are you trying to the fittings with regular and/or crescent wrenches?

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Don't really care about the air flow that much... if you remember what the old oil cooler looked like... most experts say the cooler isn't even needed on a regular Coblat and don't understand why GM/Saab added it. Over the weekend I had the oil cooler mounted on the diagonal bar. I was getting it out of the way of cold air intake, but that didn’t work out, so the oil cooler is back where you’ve seen it in the pictures.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Going with the Dominator 2 headlights. I hope they pass inspection. I custom made the bracket from a piece of steel using the grinder and threw a coat of paint on it. I couldn't find any close up shots of the Dominator 2 headlights mounted on the forum, so for those who wanted to know:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Do you have part numbers for that stuff? I'm at this stage and would like to do the same.
Sure, I ordered them from Summit Racing. The part numbers are as follows:

VPE-10251A from Vibrant
Fitting, Adapter, 90 Degree, Male -4 AN to Male 1/8 in. NPT, Aluminum, Black Anodized, Each
(Mfr. #: 10251A)

VPE-11351 from Vibrant
-4AN to 1/8"NPT Male Swivel 90 Degree Adapter Fitting
(Mfr. #: 11351)

RUS-659020 from Russell
Brake Line, Competition, Braided Stainless Steel, 18 in. Length, -4 AN Female, -4 AN Female, Each
(Mfr. #: 659020)

At first I thought the 18 inches lines were going to be too short, but they are perfect. The fittings on the reservoir will swivel, but you don't have to go that way if you can get the non-swivel pointed in the right direction.

Last edited:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Build Update: I got the front suspension put together last week and the rotors on this week. Currently waiting on front Power Stop ceramic brake pads from Amazon before installing the calipers. I continue to work on the wiring. Front lights went in like a charm as well as the mirror / turn signals. Trying to leave easy hookups for USB ports, wireless charge and Bluetooth speakers, so they are all readily available for final installation. Next up is either new seats or taillights.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Made a little progress on the build. Got the tank installed. btw, a plastic Folgers lid fits perfectly where the fuel pump goes so contaminates can't get in:
View attachment 8505
Stripped the engine with a drill and wire brush. Cleaned the heck out of it:
View attachment 8506
Taped it up:
View attachment 8507View attachment 8508
Primer'd it with Dupli-Color Caliper Paint:
View attachment 8509View attachment 8510
And finally painted it with Dupli-Color Caliper Paint Matte Black:
View attachment 8511View attachment 8512View attachment 8513 Here is before pic: View attachment 8514

Now the task of putting the all parts back on. I still need to order a Stage 3 kit from OTTP or ZZP. Need the smaller pulley and bigger injectors!
You do great work, I have same color and wish I would have powder coated my fuel tank,