Jeff's Extended Track - 07 SS/SC Donor - Chassis #91

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
You do great work, I have same color and wish I would have powder coated my fuel tank,
Seems like the hardest part of this project (minus the wiring harness), is planning the colors of every part, so you don’t have to back track. Even the best laid plans never work out perfect either. I want to go back and change colors on some stuff, but it‘ll have to be later, because I want to drive it now. :D

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru

Attachments

benjy

Since you just did the brakes, how easily did the piston slide in? The last video shows lonny sliding it in with the ease, mine takes quite a bit of pressure and I’m wondering if I missed something

PyroGuy923

Calipers painted or powder coated?

Good luck on the inspection. Chassis 208 arrives in Cincinnati this weekend. Excited to get started on the build.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
JB, are you talking about the little knob (blue arrow) in the picture below? If so, the reason I pointed it inward is to keep it from getting hit by rock and debris. I too can still adjust them.
It’s a coin toss. Turned inward and they are exposed, but easier to adjust. Turned outward and they are protected, but harder to adjust.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Since you just did the brakes, how easily did the piston slide in? The last video shows lonny sliding it in with the ease, mine takes quite a bit of pressure and I’m wondering if I missed something
The DFG supplied brake calipers had the pistons already pushed in when I installed the pads, so no difficulty for me.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Calipers painted or powder coated?

Good luck on the inspection. Chassis 208 arrives in Cincinnati this weekend. Excited to get started on the build.
Calipers are painted with matte black Dupli-Color Caliper paint (rattle can) from Advanced Auto.

Most likely you'll beat me to inspection. :(:)

Bruce

Could someone give me the tube size of the upper control arm, I think I need some of those brake line clamps. THANKS

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Did you order them? I tried on august 21st and had an expected delivery of sept 4-8. messaged the seller asking when they were going to ship and got this response yesterday

"Dear Customer, In our system shows your item has picked up by shipping carrier. But your item looks like lost since there is no any information was updated. Please let us double check it for you once we back to office on next business day. Thank you fro your time and patience."

and now my order is cancelled. I think this clamp on ebay and amazon are all sold by the same seller.

1 inch (25mm) for the big hole 7mm for the small hole. Here is where I got them:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-25MM-Black-Brake-Line-Clutch-Cable-Handlebar-Frame-Clamp-for-UTV-ATV-Harley/233078817441?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I put in a best offer of $10 each for 4 of them shipped free and they agreed to the offer.
how long did it take to get yours?

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Did you order them? I tried on august 21st and had an expected delivery of sept 4-8. messaged the seller asking when they were going to ship and got this response yesterday

"Dear Customer, In our system shows your item has picked up by shipping carrier. But your item looks like lost since there is no any information was updated. Please let us double check it for you once we back to office on next business day. Thank you fro your time and patience."

and now my order is cancelled. I think this clamp on ebay and amazon are all sold by the same seller.

how long did it take to get yours?
Ordered on August 3rd and delivered on August 7th.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Sure, I ordered them from Summit Racing. The part numbers are as follows:

VPE-10251A from Vibrant
Fitting, Adapter, 90 Degree, Male -4 AN to Male 1/8 in. NPT, Aluminum, Black Anodized, Each
(Mfr. #: 10251A)

VPE-11351 from Vibrant
-4AN to 1/8"NPT Male Swivel 90 Degree Adapter Fitting
(Mfr. #: 11351)

RUS-659020 from Russell
Brake Line, Competition, Braided Stainless Steel, 18 in. Length, -4 AN Female, -4 AN Female, Each
(Mfr. #: 659020)

At first I thought the 18 inches lines were going to be too short, but they are perfect. The fittings on the reservoir will swivel, but you don't have to go that way if you can get the non-swivel pointed in the right direction.
Hey Jeff how many of each of those 2 adapters do you need? 2 of each?

Thanks!
Nuker-