Jesse's (WI) Track Goblin #400 - 06 SS/SC Donor

Ross

Goblin Guru
Earlier in one of the videos I had to extend a set of data wires (same color I think) from the main fuse panel over to the BCM. I am guessing I need to attach these wires to the extended wires?
I built my goblin 4 years ago... I don't remember the steps, I just follow the wiring diagrams now.
I would use an electrical meter, and make sure the twisted LAN wires connect from the OBDii port, to the power steering.
Then another set of twisted wires travel between the power steering and the BCM.
The last set of twisted wires travels between the BCM and the PCM.

Matt3458

Thanks Ross, I'll check those out.

I also forgot something pretty important.

When removing the dash connector from the dash harness, I have a pair of tan/black twisted wires still on the connector. The videos don't say anything about this. They go from the harness connector to the BCM connector. What do I do with these extra wires?
Open photo
Open photo
Video Part 2 step 4 cuts the twisted data wires from the PCM to the EBCM at the EBCM.
Part 6 step 9 extends these wires towards the BCM
Part 10 step 1 solders the extensions to the BCM if you don't have the Reconfigurable Performance Display.

Also anything that is radio or audio related gets out. A bunch of those plugs in the video don't match the 06 SS/SC but don't matter.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Ross and Matt you have both been very helpful.

Hopefully this is my last wiring question as i am getting it mostly wrapped up.

I have a connector that I labeled as the info button switch. I don't see that removed in the videos, but I am also far enough along where I don't see it getting taped up anywhere to be used. I am also stuck on the button panel wiring as I am missing a green/white stripe wire. This extra connector has a green/white stripe wire, pink wire and gray wire as well as 2 grounds. Is this the green wire I need for the button panel, or what do I do with this connector?

Matt3458

Yes, you need that pink wire for Info and the Green/White for Return. The late model car in the video doesn't have that connector because it's all on the steering wheel. The gray was just the button backlight. Keep the pink and green/white with the horn/hazard/cruise wiring.

Picture stolen from this thread:

Thanks again Matt!

I've got everything buttoned up for the dash harness, except for the green wires. In the video he joins all of the green wires. Is that including the green labeled wire from the obd2 port? I might have missed it, but I didn't see in any of the videos where you extend the green obd2 wire from the fuse panel to the dash harness.

Am I joining all green wires including the labeled obd2 wires from dash and fuse panel?

Or am I extending the labeled obd2 wire from the dash to the fuse panel and then joining the green wires by themselves?

Labeled wire in question below.

Traé

Thanks again Matt!

I've got everything buttoned up for the dash harness, except for the green wires. In the video he joins all of the green wires. Is that including the green labeled wire from the obd2 port? I might have missed it, but I didn't see in any of the videos where you extend the green obd2 wire from the fuse panel to the dash harness.

Am I joining all green wires including the labeled obd2 wires from dash and fuse panel?

Or am I extending the labeled obd2 wire from the dash to the fuse panel and then joining the green wires by themselves?

Labeled wire in question below.
View attachment 46204
The labeled green wire should join its equally labeled wire on the body side.

Matt3458

The Body C7 wire (from PCM plug C1) gets soldered to the Dash C7 wire (goes to OBDII pin 2).

Then there should be 4 green wires that go into a splice, one being from OBDII pin 1. I cut out the splice and just soldered all four together.

Last edited: