Jim McDonald // Extended Track // '09 HHR SS/TC Automatic

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I assume you are pulling your vacuum via the reservoir, where do you pull the coolant in from? I've probably assumed wrong.
The air lift pulls the vacuum at the reservoir. It lets the coolant back into the system the same way. Remember that there is a over flow vent under the reservoir that you have to plug while doing this. I highly recommend this for filling any cooling system. I even used it to fill the SC cooling system

Airlift That I used

Amazon version

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
The air lift pulls the vacuum at the reservoir. It lets the coolant back into the system the same way. Remember that there is a over flow vent under the reservoir that you have to plug while doing this. I highly recommend this for filling any cooling system. I even used it to fill the SC cooling system

Airlift That I used

Amazon version
OK, please excuse my brain if I've got this wrong.....so you are filling the system first, then pulling a vacuum via the reservoir fill cap to pull the air to the reservoir, pulling the airlift off and then adding more coolant. Rinse and repeat???

I have a cheap garbage HF coolant system pressure tester I've used a million times, never thought of using it to pull a vacuum though.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I did not understand this when I first saw it either.

1.You pull the vacuum on a empty system.
2. Make sure it holds a vacuum for at least 5 min.
3. Switch hoses on the gauge (quick connect hose coupler) and let the vacuum pull the coolant back in to the system.

Here is a quick video

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Haven't posted in a while, I've been busy building and searching for answers on building. I ordered stage 2 just a couple of weeks ago. Took 10 days to get the crate. They claimed it was a covid problem but..... Idk. Wheels and tires are supposed to be here today. Waiting on a few other odds and ends related to confusion stemming from the HHR build. Lonny and Adam are just like Burger King, special orders don't seem to bother them a bit. We have a drag race in 1 week from today. Idk, it's gonna be close.

20200629_124249.jpg
20200629_202307.jpg20200629_202352.jpg

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Cerakote H-Series does not like exaust heat.
20200704_083547.jpg

I told one of the kids friends "Dude, I've forgotten more than you know". We'll, that bit me. Anyone see the problem here? PS.... It's not the loose bolt or the brake hose.

20200704_125655.jpg

Getting close, I think.

20200704_145856.jpg

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Dude, my neighbors HATE my Goblin and it ain't even got wheels yet.

Grats on getting it driving!

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Thanks. I'm excited to get to drive it. Hopefully we'll have hand controls in by tonight. We have a punch list a mile long. Went to drive it and it wouldn't run. Realized I had a broken wire at the fuel pressure regulator connector. Luckily we were just working there installing the intercooler pump, and then it threw a P0193, which aimed us in the right direction.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
My neighbors hate me and I never even do pulls down our street! I may do the occasional burnout in the driveway or talk a buddy into doing a burnout as they leave(every time) but I don't know what their problem is! I don't think they're too pleased that we're adding another fun car to the fleet.