Joebobs build log SS/NA Auto Extended City frame #270

Joebob

Goblin Guru
Bits and bobs:

Spark plugs are changed to copper core and 1 step colder than stock to help with pre-detonation.

I used the stock air filter and intake tube. The stock 45 degree coupler didn't fit anything correctly because I have my evap canister next to my fuel tank, and my harness bar taking up immovable real estate. I did have to buy a 3" x 3" bubble coupler, that allows a little wiggle room after tightened up..

Since the engine sits 1" closer to the back seats, the TB hit the overflow tank in the stock location. It barely fits, if you shift it over one bolt hole. I will make a new bracket once I am sure everthing is in a stable place.

The EVAP and vacuum booster lines are in different spots on the LSJ than the LE5 engine but a quick trip to a south Houston pick a part that had a Saturn Ion redline there, netted me those hoses with a little tweaking. And yes, the supercharger and all exciting bits were gone and I already have the B+ cap.

As of now it is pretty well buttoned up. I have taken 1 drive around the neighborhood but haven't been able to do much logging outside of idling in the garage. Hopefully I will have time to go out and get some real data on the build.

Tuning and seat of pants update to follow.

Joe