comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
...and it begins

Chassis #470
SS/TC
F40 trans
Full cage
Double door bars

Donor - 2009 SS/TC with 150k, front end collision that was bad enough to bend a frame rail, but not enough to damage any donor parts.

Chassis delivered 3/18/23. It was the last delivery on the truck in a group of 8.

20230312_150406.jpg

Last edited:

snirtman

...and it begins

Chassis #470
Full cage
Double door bars

Donor - 2009 SS/TC with 150k, front end collision that was bad enough to bend a frame rail, but not enough to damage any donot parts.

Chassis delivered 3/18/23. It was the last delivery on the truck in a group of 8.

View attachment 39191View attachment 39192View attachment 39193View attachment 39194
Mike was 2/8 on this truck. I don't think I've seen any pictures of the Footwell Cover installed anywhere, so if you figure that out, share.

p.s. Be sure to add a link to your build log in your signature!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Footwell cover is pretty much fit it the best you can and use cable ties to fasten it down (or any other method to fasten it down you can come up with).

snirtman

Footwell cover is pretty much fit it the best you can and use cable ties to fasten it down (or any other method to fasten it down you can come up with).
Hmmmm. I assumed I would have to drill holes in the cover and screw it down to the frame. I wasn't looking forward to drilling holes in the frame, so I'm curious what others had done.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I think most people just zip tie around the frame tubes instead of drill.
I made my own out of ABS plastic and used riv-nuts and self drilling screws to attach. Maybe someone will post pictures of their installation or there are pictures already posted if you dig enough.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
So whats the difference in how an attachment looks as a thumbnail vs a full picture? I added a picture to my first post as an edit, but it appears as a thumbnail not as a full picture.

Ross

Goblin Guru
So whats the difference in how an attachment looks as a thumbnail vs a full picture? I added a picture to my first post as an edit, but it appears as a thumbnail not as a full picture.
On a laptop, I can drag a picture onto my post, and appears as a full picture. Then I can resize it smaller if needed.
Are you using your phone or a computer? I don't use the phone much for the forum.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Always on my phone. I rarely see a desktop.

Edit* - not sure during the initial set, but during an edit you can click a button that says thumbnail or full image

Last edited:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I promise it will be a twisty road to your Goblin. Keep in mind, merely by fact of completion, it is YOU who CAN! And Did! “In the wood I came upon a fork in the road. I took the road less travelled and for me that has made all the difference.” Much is made of that fork in the road of life but I believe Yogi Bera was succinct and correct when he coached all of us “when you come upon a fork in the road take it!” Sounds wrong, but I take that as pick one and keep going, keep building, keep creating and keep on dreamin’ y’all!

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I think most people just zip tie around the frame tubes instead of drill.
I made my own out of ABS plastic and used riv-nuts and self drilling screws to attach. Maybe someone will post pictures of their installation or there are pictures already posted if you dig enough.
Mine didn’t not want to line up no matter what I did. So I went the Nascar route and used gorilla tape. Went all last summer and it didn’t move. When I needed to take it off I just ripped the tape off. Worked out great

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
I know I saved on shipping and I know I wont have to wait on extra invoices. I know I wont have to wait for extra boxes in the mail... but dang there is a lot going on with all 3 stages being unboxed and looked through all at the beginning of this journey.
Just keep telling myself, one box at a time.

Last edited:

Metal Mech

Probably the biggest benefit of stages is not having everything at once especially if you have a small work area.
Still I would have ordered everything at once had I been able to

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I know I saved on shipping and I know I wont have to wait on extra invoices. I know I wont have to wait for extra boxes in the mail... but **** there is a lot going on with all 3 stages being unboxed and looked through all at the beginning of this journey.
Just keep telling myself, one box at a time.
I told myself the same thing. Then a couple weekends later, I was out of things to do.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Im the opposite. I wanted everything at once. Once the train started rolling i didn’t want to have to stop and wait for more parts

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
We had a 6hr window of 70*+ weather today. I took advantage of the nice break in the weather today and removed the brake lines, clutch line, #470 plaque and rad support to prepare for powder coating. Got most of the yellow parts set aside and boxed up ready to go. Im just waiting on the OK from the powder coating company to drop off the chassis and other parts. Small steps.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Does this trans tunnel look right for the new shifter? I thought the newly designed shifter had a multiple piece tunnel?
20230401_230556.jpg