Joe's All Terrain #396 - 06 2.4L SS/NA Auto

averageJOEschmo

Progress has been slow as of late but did complete a few big tasks.

Got the subframe installed. It was not easy to get all the holes to line up between the goblin frame and subframe and solid transmission mounts. Used some ratcheting tie-downs and a hydraulic ram to move things around enough to get everything to align.
Shout out to @Goblinfanclub1234 for helping me track down the tap I needed to clear the treads in the frame that got powder coated. http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/subframe-bolts.4235/

I also have been working on the gauge cluster. I'm not a fan of how the stock cluster looks with the sweeping cover once it's in the goblin, so I set out to make a modified version.

Got it intalled and wired up.

Next big step is the first start up....

RGSkid70

Absolutely love your gage & switch panel! I was planning to do something similar. Now I think I just use your design, if you have no objections. Can you post some dimensions? What material used for the base plate?

averageJOEschmo

Absolutely love your gage & switch panel! I was planning to do something similar. Now I think I just use your design, if you have no objections. Can you post some dimensions? What material used for the base plate?
Feel free to use the design, just be aware I'm a novice and this is still in process so use at your own risk...:D

I used .125" 7075 Aluminum for the base plate and .118" Clear-polycarbonate for the face. Both were done by sendcutsend.com as recommended elsewhere in the forum. The rings were 3D printed and then glued on. I also used some of the hardware provided by DF and then some more from the hardware store.

The files are attached.

Here is an image of the overall dimensions:

Attachments